Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] So, who is next in the pipeline??

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
Still have high hopes for Enciso, Buonanotte, Sarmiento & Ayari from the small glimpses we have seen of them in the first team. Adringa looking good from his loan spell so far too.
Not sure why but I always get nervous when van Hecke comes on. Suppose it's because it's he play in a position where if a mistake is made (and young players seem to make them more) then we will be punished by it.
Think Gilmour will have to wait until someone pays stupid money for Caicedo, but is a ready made replacement based on some of his performances for Chelsea & Scotland (Norwich was a disaster for him and I doubt we'd have got him so cheap if it hadn't).
Do you get nervous with Levi Colwill? He is a couple of years younger!
I seem to be more nervous when Adam Webster faffs at the back. It could be because he's still getting up to speed

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Only seen a couple of U21 games this season and those that stood out were Offiah, Barrington,Baker Boaitey,and I like Duffus U18s 2 live games and a few live in YouTube isn't really enough to form a full analysis but of those I mentioned I'd expect Offiah to get a loan deal next season and Duffus promoted to the U21s I think he's actually had a few games already.

It's just ridiculous the amount of young talent we have our on loan the future looks pretty good and as predicted by Mr Bloom the academy is starting to pay off,how much would Ferguson fetch in if we sold him in the summer? Silly money he's on his way to become a superstar if he keeps a level head and works hard.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Casper Nilsson (Swedish right back) signed a professional contract in January despite interest from several other Premier League clubs and from what I've been told, he has frequently trained with the first team in the last couple of months.

Not seen enough of him to have any opinion myself but from what I'm hearing, he is considered to be developing very well. Don't be too surprised if we see him in some friendlies with the first team in the summer.

Maybe not "next in the pipeline" though, but a bit further down the road.

Krafty

Apr 19, 2023
I think that Sarmiento has potential.

He has shown signs of quality and skill, but hasn't really found a spot in the first team.

Hopefully he will flourish next season, I'm hoping he can get a few goals.

Last edited:

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
How's Karbownik doing? He looked really promising when he signed: full international at 19, Polish Young Player of the Year, shortlist for Golden Boy (alongside Haaland, Saka, Foden, Vinicius et al). Has he fallen so far that no-one mentions him?

Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ

Hove / Παρος
Apr 7, 2006
Hove / Παρος

He has shown signs of quality and skill, but hasn't really found a spot in the first team.

He seems be constantly getting injured which is really disrupting for him. Not sure if it's bad luck, growth spurts of a 19 year old, or he's just too fragiley built.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I've been following Marc Leonard's progress at Northampton Town. Most games he seems to be running the show with rave supporter reviews. Been a starter in a rough tough league so in my opinion a real prospect thriving in our pipeline of talent. I was surprised not to see him named in a Scotland squad.
Interesting - I've been dipping in and out of the Cobblers' fans' forum, and there hasn't really been much mention of Leonard - impression is that he's done alright - but certainly no exuberant praise to suggest he's been running the games. Are you looking at a different website or have you got (a) different source(s)?

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Moran is next youngster I think could develop into a regular 1st team squad player next season.
Wonder if he will go out on loan next season. Too good for the u21s but lots of competition for that 10 spot

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003

Maybe it's just me, but I now consider Sarmiento a first team squad 'regular' who has been very unlucky with a couple of bad injuries and will be straight back in the squad, and possibly starting 11 as soon as he is fit, particularly if Lallana still isn't :wink:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here