Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] So who are we waving goodbye to on Sunday?

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Whether Cucurella stays or not probably depends on whether he has a release clause in his contract.

If he has, I wouldn't be surprised to see him go to an City as they definitely need wing/full backs, with Mendy still in prison, Walker getting older and Zinchenko a little below their standard.
Tony is on record as not sanctioning release clauses so it's very, very unlikely that there is one in the contract.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Have a feeling Maupay will go and be replaced by 1 big spend on another striker this summer.

Bissouma - if he was extending his contract we would have heard about it by now. Can't let him go for nothing next summer.

Duffy - good servant to the club but think he will move on.

And that's it other than possibly some fringe squad players.

Remote possiblity of Trossard / Cucurella, and Sanchez going but only if we got a really silly offer for any of them. £50m or more and the club would have to seriously consider it but think it's unlikely.
I think this is right.

phazza

Aug 17, 2012
It is bizarre to believe that Bissouma has not been offered a new contract at some point in the last 2.5 years.

It is also not how the club works. In the three seasons with GP, Rob Sanchez, Dan Burn, Davy Pröpper, Tariq Lamptey, Glenn Murray, Jeremy Sarmiento and Jason Steele all signed contract extensions during the season rather than in the summer.

How does anyone know what has or hasn’t been offered?

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
We won't spend big on a striker or anything else. We never do.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Why would we not have offered Bissouma a new contract?

Well, precisely. Just like we have done to so many members of our current squad, including:
Dunk, goodness knows how many times
Duffy, at least once
March, probably at least twice
Sanchez
Webster
Welbeck, looks like twice now
Gross, hopefully about to be twice

I (or someone else) could go on, but the simple point is that you renew the contracts of your best players if you can, so you keep them or, failing that, get the maximum transfer fee as is possible.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Hopefully nobody as I am on holiday, have given my West Ham tickets to my daughter and her boyfriend and would rather Biss, Gross, Cuc, Bob, Tross, Tariq, Maups etc didn't leave without me having a chance of giving then a wave.

Thanking you in anticipation, Tone :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here