Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Help] Book - final update.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
I’m hoping I can get huge support from NSC and I’m grateful to Bozza for allowing me the opportunity to have some real estate on this great forum.

I won’t beat about the bush, so here goes. I was diagnosed with bladder cancer 16 months ago, unfortunately it’s terminal and my treatment has pretty well finished as it has been unable to hold back the spread of the disease. I'm on the final lap but still able to function, feel surprisingly OK and I’m still making home games entirely under my own steam!

So, that said, I’ve been badgered by a few people to write a book about my life as it’s been a pretty interesting one. Perhaps not out of the ordinary, but I’ve certainly packed a lot in and even though I say so myself (well I would, wouldn’t I?) I think it might be an entertaining read.

I've just published the book and it’s available on Amazon in hardback and paperback (not Kindle just yet) and I’m looking to sell as many as possible, not for any other reason than I am trying to raise money for my chosen charity ‘Fight Bladder Cancer’ and will be donating sales proceeds to them. So I would hope that most will understand why I am appealing to you. I don’t even know if the book is any good but it was as good as I could do in my limited time, and I’ve never done anything like this before so go easy on me!

If you actually like the book then please do leave a glowing review at Amazon and Goodreads, it would also help immensely in promoting the book.

My second appeal is to ask that you spread this message far and wide, as far as you possibly can within your social and business networks to help me raise as much as possible for this very deserving cause. Small fact, bladder cancer is the 4th most prevalent in men yet receives only 1% of the national cancer research budget.

Finally, I’m normally pretty resilient but I’m not feeling so thick skinned at the moment so may I request that if you do help me out then not too many critical comments of the negative kind please :) Think of it as making a ‘small’ donation to a very needy charity and you get a free book for doing so, that way you ain’t going to be disappointed.

If you aren't a reader but would like to make a direct donation then you can do so at https://www.fightbladdercancer.co.uk/

Here’s a link to order from Amazon and I’ve pasted a picture of the dust jacket below as a taster.

Thanks for your time and UTA!

Dust Jacket.JPG

Last edited:

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
I'm lucky enough to have read the content of @Rugrat's book, as he entrusted me with editing it, which was an absolute pleasure. His life is a really fascinating story and will hopefully raise a lot of money for a great cause. There are highs and lows, life lessons and a sprinkling of the Albion - with great honesty and humility throughout.

Get your orders in now! :thumbsup:

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Ordered. Happy to make the donation and interested to read your story. Also interested as to how easy it was to write and then publish. Presumably you self published?

Cotton Socks

Skint Supporter
Feb 20, 2017
Purchased and looking forward to reading it. Do you have a direct link to the charity as well, so if people don't want to buy the book they can donate anyway (some people on here are very anti-Amazon as you know). :)

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Sad to hear about your situation but must say it is incredibly strong and inspiring that you've done this (writing the book), because I think a lot of people feel it is something they'd like to do but might not dare to attempt.

Makes you immortal as well. I never met my grandpas mother but I've read her self-biography twice and feel I know her better than some relatives I've actually met. Writing a book like that is a great way of ensuring your voice will be heard for generations.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here