Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Smart TV

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
If you’ve got the money go oled as there is no back light, each individual pixel is self lit. The contrast and brightness and the ability to see dark images in detail is the best of any screen technology.

They used to suffer with image burn in if you left the screen on a channel with a lot of static images (Sky Sports News for example) but newer screens have technology to combat that and I’ve had my LG oled since Jan 21 and it’s still like new. The screen is so bright when watching TV in the evenings I don’t bother with any other lighting in the front room.

OLED seems a bit beyond my budget, unfortunately.

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
If you’ve got the money go oled as there is no back light, each individual pixel is self lit. The contrast and brightness and the ability to see dark images in detail is the best of any screen technology.

They used to suffer with image burn in if you left the screen on a channel with a lot of static images (Sky Sports News for example) but newer screens have technology to combat that and I’ve had my LG oled since Jan 21 and it’s still like new. The screen is so bright when watching TV in the evenings I don’t bother with any other lighting in the front room.
I did look at oled but for the size I want was a bit too pricey still. As it is I downgraded from 68" to 65" just to keep the price down.
I have to say, the gaming settings are particularly good on my LG, and it reverts back to TV settings once the PS5 is turned off. Only thing missing is 120hz.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
OLED seems a bit beyond my budget, unfortunately.

Does your budget stretch to £800? We bought this TV a few weeks ago, highly rated by Which?, a 48” screen, absolutely fine viewing up to 4m away. Great picture and sound. [The prices have steadily fallen, I had envisaged spending £1,400].

IMG_0972.png

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
Does your budget stretch to £800? We bought this TV a few weeks ago, highly rated by Which?, a 48” screen, absolutely fine viewing up to 4m away. Great picture and sound. [The prices have steadily fallen, I had envisaged spending £1,400].

View attachment 169432

800 is doable but a bit more than I was planning to spend.

Does the difference between LED and OLED justify the price?

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
800 is doable but a bit more than I was planning to spend.

Does the difference between LED and OLED justify the price?

I’ll leave that to the NSC gadget experts.

We upgraded from a smaller Panasonic flat screen bought circa 15 years go, great in its day, but this new LG gives imho incredible viewing.

Are prices similar in Almeria?

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
I’ll leave that to the NSC gadget experts.

We upgraded from a smaller Panasonic flat screen bought circa 15 years go, great in its day, but this new LG gives imho incredible viewing.

Are prices similar in Almeria?

Generally, prices for electronics are a little higher over here but if you shop around you can find a good deal.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here