Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Skylanders - Wii

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Anyone bought this for their kids or themselves? Thinking about it for my 8 & 6 year old for Xmas. Sounds expensive, not only do you buy the game for about £50, you then need new figures to unlock other parts of the game??

Can anybody recommend or not? Thanks.:cool:

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
I've refused to buy it as I think its ridiculously expensive for a computer game. Much to the displeasure of my son.

It's the cleverest game in the world.

My son begged for it and got it for Christmas, however, every week, to get to the next level, you need to buy a new one. Lots of money, but if I came up with the idea I would be very proud of myself.

Eventually, he completed the game a couple of months back - hooray - no more Skylanders to buy.

Ut Oh! Then Skylander Giants were released and guess what he got for his birthday last week??!!

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
My sister's boys are mad for it. Last time we were visiting them they got it out to show me. I couldn't believe how many figures they had, and I don't think they had them all. Must have been a good £250 worth.

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
My youngest has got it on both the PS3 and the DS (you can use the figures across all platforms) and both are different games.

Figures cost £7.99 - £8.99 which isn't bad considering most normal action figures cost the same. However, not only do you get the figures, you get an additional minigame on top of it.

You buy as many or as little as you want to buy your kids...Mine saves his money up and buys a couple of used figures from ebay once a month.

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint
My 7 year old loves loves loves it!!! He has asked for Skylander Giants for Xmas

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
My 9yr old son is hooked on skylanders big time, him an a couple of his mates frequently trade/swap/borrow the figures between themselves keeping the costs bit lower :)

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
My 2 boys (9 & 6) were desperate for this last Christmas, so "Santa" duly put it under the tree for them. Cue massive excitement the following morning & quite a few hours over the Christmas holidays playing on it....and then that was it.
They've not looked at it, let alone played it, since mid January I reckon. Santa wont be making that mistake again......

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here