Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[TV] Sky Stream or Sky Q?

ofco8

May 18, 2007
Brighton
OP here again.

Latest is I wrote to Virgin Executive with a complaint and have had a reply saying they are going to investigate and come back to me, but will take 28 days??? Have told them I expect the price to remain as previous, in the meantime, as I have not negotiated a new contract. They said they will be coming back with an offer.

However, not expecting much from them and further to my original query about Sky Stream V Sky Q, if Virgin don't perform to my satisfaction, think I will opt for Sky Q. Thanks for all your comments and advice.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Wise choice.

Sky Glass is great in theory (no box, wires etc). But I don't like the fact you're stuck with their own brand TV, the total dependence wi-fi, and then the lack of recording is a total dealbreaker as far as I'm concerned. I'm a big fan of a series link, I just can't be arsed to rely on streams for everything. Sky Q is such a good product, especially for the multiroom (although my son was somewhat put out that the UHD doesn't work upstairs, but thats not my problem).

HHGull

BZ fan club
Dec 29, 2011
Wise choice.

Sky Glass is great in theory (no box, wires etc). But I don't like the fact you're stuck with their own brand TV, the total dependence wi-fi, and then the lack of recording is a total dealbreaker as far as I'm concerned. I'm a big fan of a series link, I just can't be arsed to rely on streams for everything. Sky Q is such a good product, especially for the multiroom (although my son was somewhat put out that the UHD doesn't work upstairs, but thats not my problem).
I think you can use any TV now on their Sky Stream service, but still dependant on Wi-Fi and no recording.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
OP here again.

Latest is I wrote to Virgin Executive with a complaint and have had a reply saying they are going to investigate and come back to me, but will take 28 days??? Have told them I expect the price to remain as previous, in the meantime, as I have not negotiated a new contract. They said they will be coming back with an offer.

However, not expecting much from them and further to my original query about Sky Stream V Sky Q, if Virgin don't perform to my satisfaction, think I will opt for Sky Q. Thanks for all your comments and advice.
In my experience they respond to complaints far, far better……..doubt it’ll be 28 days

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
It boils my piss that you have to go through the price negotiation 'merry dance' every bloody time. Just give us a good price straight up and stop being *****, you *****!
It’s annoying but then again you probably wouldn’t get the discount if 2 others customers didn’t bother and auto renewed

stewardxxx

Oct 7, 2008
Brighton
I have used This site the last 2 times my deal has come to an end and cant fault it.

I simply put in the package I have and how much I pay and it gets me the best deal and if I accept it does everything for me.

I have 1gb Internet and a home phone (tv via "other sources") and pay 58 quid a month

The Andy Naylor Fan Club

Aug 31, 2012
Right Here, Right Now
Was looking to go back to Sky after a number of years away as Virgin quoted me a new discounted deal as my current contract expires next month for £130 ( tv, sports Sky + TNT, cinema, Netflix, broadband and land-line). I informed their retention team there was no way I will be paying that and told them that I wanted to give my 30 notice. 5 minutes later I had the same deal that I currently have but with increased broadband speed (which I don't need) and an upgraded router on it's way. 18 month contract £84 per month.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
The ads on FB for Glass are rammed full of comments from people who have tried Glass and loathed it. Loads have cancelled and gone back to Q.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Sky glass is one minute behind real time isn't it? Why would anyone ever pay a lot of money for that. I struggle being 20 seconds behind a game in real time. A minute I don't think I could take.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I ended up staying with Virgin.

After they reneged on £40 per month, I could’ve held to them to it in law, by later attempting to fleece me at £54. The next day I had a call from a rep with far better PR skills, offering me £41.

All up and running with a 360 box, the Ultra HD is stunning.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here