Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Sky Sport - Fight Night

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
Anyone else tuning in?

Fabio Wardley vs Frazer Clarke (British heavyweight title)

Florian Marku vs Chris Kongo (welterweight)

Callum Simpson vs Dulla Mbabe (super-middleweight)

Viddal Riley vs Mikael Lawal (cruiserweight)

Alen Babic vs Steve Robinson (heavyweight)

Ben Whittaker vs Leon Willings (light-heavyweight)

Jul 7, 2003
Just turned over to watch this. Clarke seems to be making a strange noise whenever he throws a punch, a bit like those tennis players who grunt when they hit a shot.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Cracking fight indeed

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
Absolutely brutal fight

Both should be going to hospital to be checked on after that.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
That second score card is a joke - no way that big a difference especially as Clarke had 3 points deducted

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
The best thing about a draw result is that a rematch usually happens.

And after that war a rematch will definitely be a tasty affair

Muhammed - I’m hard - Bruce Lee

You can't change fighters
NSC Patron
Jul 25, 2005
on a pig farm
Not often you see a draw result and think 'that's fair'
Not often you see a fight with one boxer deducted 2 points and with a 10-8 against him end in a draw and think ‘that’s fair’
Cracking fight

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
I dont think you can say he was robbed! It was a close fight and Wardley also knocked Clarke down in the 5th.

You can't really argue about a robbery, it's boxing after all which comes down to subjective scoring depending on the judge and his position and what he sees in real time.

Even watching on the TV you could make a case either way, a draw being a decent result.

A rematch would be great, boxing has levels and I don't think either are world class yet

Half Time Pies

Sep 7, 2003
Brighton
You can't really argue about a robbery, it's boxing after all which comes down to subjective scoring depending on the judge and his position and what he sees in real time.

Even watching on the TV you could make a case either way, a draw being a decent result.

A rematch would be great, boxing has levels and I don't think either are world class yet
I agree, and both fighters far too open to make the step up, every punch thrown seemed to land! Made for a great fight though, a proper slug fest.

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
I dont think you can say he was robbed! It was a close fight and Wardley also knocked Clarke down in the 5th.
Apologies I’d been to a 60th birthday party and was a tad under the weather at 12.40am 😂

Just watched it again, not a robbery but still think Clarke won, just.

Would question the low blow point deduction, as Johnny Nelson stated there appeared to be no warning the first time which is the norm.

Looking forward to them doing it again. 🥊

Dubois against either of them would also be interesting.

Normal Rob

Jul 8, 2003
Somerset
Apologies I’d been to a 60th birthday party and was a tad under the weather at 12.40am 😂

Just watched it again, not a robbery but still think Clarke won, just.

Would question the low blow point deduction, as Johnny Nelson stated there appeared to be no warning the first time which is the norm.

Looking forward to them doing it again. 🥊

Dubois against either of them would also be interesting.
Did think you'd lost the plot a little bit. All clear now!
That was a damn close, exhilarating fight. Both fighters will take a while to recover. Think Johnny Nelson saying that a fight like that takes 2 years off your career points to just how tough it was. (Though possibly a little dramatic)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here