Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
broadband.

talk talk is cheaper. worth switching?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I had TalkTalk for 3 or 4 years and never once had a problem (WFH I need a reliable WiFi).

I only switched from them to get a cheaper package deal with my phone. But TalkTalk are fine in my experience.

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
It's unlikely there will be any discernable performance issues between the 2 suppliers. Talk Talk will be cheaper, Sky have got marginally the better customer service but at the end of the day you don't want to be phoning either up if something goes wrong.

If you go with Sky, don't get their "Sky broadband boost" it's just an excuse for them to charge you £7.50 a month for nothing

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
TalkTalk have the worst customer service.
Been with sky a few years now and not had any issues.

Sid and the Sharknados

NSC Patron
Sep 4, 2022
Darlington
Zen are good.
If you have to call them you get to chat to some nice person in Rochdale with a lovely homely Lancashire accent.
Although I've never had any problems with my Internet, so I've barely taken advantage of this.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Depends what your priorities are I guess.

I switch quite regularly, and Talk Talk were one of the better for the quality of the broadband.
Recently switched to Vodafone and the wifi signal drops quite regularly, not completely.
Sky were decent enough.

I assme most providers are ultimately working off the same backbone, so the two differentiators would probably be the router and customer service.
Personally not bothered about customer service, but this would probably be the biggest differential across the various providers.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Zen are good.
If you have to call them you get to chat to some nice person in Rochdale with a lovely homely Lancashire accent.
Although I've never had any problems with my Internet, so I've barely taken advantage of this.

I've been with Zen since they first operated in SE England. Cheap, but not their excellent customer service.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports