Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Sir Jim Ratcliffe submits bid for Man United

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
Sky News reporting Ratcliffe in bidding competition with Qataris

I know who I would rather buy in - but if there was a bidding war, I can’t see anyone being able to out bid State funded Qatari investments 🙁

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I know there's some discussion in the premier league match day thread, but figured I'd bump this as it's the one I can find most specifically about Ratcliffe/Ineos making a move Man Utd.

25% Stake in the club, and control of football operations.

Original man u for sale thread: https://www.northstandchat.com/threads/glazers-selling-up.397918/

Newspapers speculating on who he might bring in:

NSC speculation:

According to these rumours, Sir Jim seems to be as besotted with Brighton as Todd Boehly is. Glass half empty: another big spender potentially stealing our talent. Glass half full: another club to play Chelsea against to get the biggest fee possible for our stars.

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
I know there's some discussion in the premier league match day thread, but figured I'd bump this as it's the one I can find most specifically about Ratcliffe/Ineos making a move Man Utd.

25% Stake in the club, and control of football operations.

Original man u for sale thread: https://www.northstandchat.com/threads/glazers-selling-up.397918/

Newspapers speculating on who he might bring in:

NSC speculation:

According to these rumours, Sir Jim seems to be as besotted with Brighton as Todd Boehly is. Glass half empty: another big spender potentially stealing our talent. Glass half full: another club to play Chelsea against to get the biggest fee possible for our stars.
Yes, he’s certainly intending to get very involved and has said he is going to shake Man U up - I’m not sure how much longer ETH will last once Sir Jim gets stuck in either but Sir J is likely to spend some money this January I’m sure.

I agree it’s mixed blessings for us - tbh Ferguson is off the pace at the moment so he may be better staying with Brighton and developing a bit more but if Man U want to part with a large chunk of cash, I’m sure we could use that to bid for Barco or another decent defender who might actually be more useful to us than Ferguson at the moment. I’m kind of excited watching our teenagers like Hinshelwood and Facu developing - the fact that Brighton is a becoming a proven pathway to Big 6/7 clubs which in turn will attract more young talent is incredible really, given we have only been in the Premier League for the past 6 years or so.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Ferguson seems more likely to do a Connolly than a Caicedo at the moment.
Out of form for a few months but young and will turn it around. A Caicedo is play for one season then jump as soon as money is waved at you even though it’s prob not best for your career - can’t see that…

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
Out of form for a few months but young and will turn it around. A Caicedo is play for one season then jump as soon as money is waved at you even though it’s prob not best for your career - can’t see that…
Having a Dad that works as a development officer for the IFA who he’s very close to, will no doubt make it very unlikely he will jump ship at the first smell of big money at the expense of his career progression. Evan is also a very level headed young man by all accounts - he won’t leave unless his football requires it.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Ratcliffes investment won't change much at MUFC unless they cease this policy of paying top dollar for players that immediately become shite when they put on a MUFC shirt

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Ratcliffes investment won't change much at MUFC unless they cease this policy of paying top dollar for players that immediately become shite when they put on a MUFC shirt

Maybe go for the Chelsea long term development, long term contract model :wink:

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
his business record is of buying undervalued companies, one would assume that'll carry through to transfers.

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
He’s obviously a clever chap and made huge profits from his chemical conglomerate.
I appreciate that he’s done ok with his foray into sport, but this is a whole new level of challenge.

Flounce

Nov 15, 2006
He’s obviously a clever chap and made huge profits from his chemical conglomerate.
I appreciate that he’s done ok with his foray into sport, but this is a whole new level of challenge.
With any luck he’ll fail as miserably as he has done with Britain’s Americas Cup Team :smile:

Even better with Potter at the helm. Not that i’m bitter.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
On understanding they had no imput to running the club am sure TB would sell 25% stake for £1b plus

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
With any luck he’ll fail as miserably as he has done with Britain’s Americas Cup Team :smile:

Even better with Potter at the helm. Not that i’m bitter.
Agreed.
i have a life-long aversion to Man Utd.
i don‘t like Sir Jim Ratcliffe. His success and wealth seems to be built on being very nasty and hypocritical. If it’s right for him and his company(ies), then Bu66er anyone else.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Yes, he’s certainly intending to get very involved and has said he is going to shake Man U up - I’m not sure how much longer ETH will last once Sir Jim gets stuck in either but Sir J is likely to spend some money this January I’m sure.

I agree it’s mixed blessings for us - tbh Ferguson is off the pace at the moment so he may be better staying with Brighton and developing a bit more but if Man U want to part with a large chunk of cash, I’m sure we could use that to bid for Barco or another decent defender who might actually be more useful to us than Ferguson at the moment. I’m kind of excited watching our teenagers like Hinshelwood and Facu developing - the fact that Brighton is a becoming a proven pathway to Big 6/7 clubs which in turn will attract more young talent is incredible really, given we have only been in the Premier League for the past 6 years or so.
Don’t think he can. His purchase of the shares is unlikely to be completed and ratified before the end of the window.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
On understanding they had no imput to running the club am sure TB would sell 25% stake for £1b plus
My understanding is that if at any time the Glazers decide to step away, their shares have to be offered to Ratcliffe first

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here