Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Single appearance Albion (first team) 'careers' that you've witnessed.

Slum_Wolf

May 3, 2021
Greg O’Dowd - played once in a 4-0 defeat away to Middlesbrough

I was there for that one...

1710869192287.png

Last edited:

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Ok, this guy played twice not once - Yank keeper, Tony Meola.

I witnessed his appearance at Cambridge many moons ago. 0-0 if I recall.

Jul 7, 2003
(A very Harry Redknapp looking-) Tottenham Hotspur:
Friedel;
Corluka,
Kaboul,
Dawson,
Assou-Ekotto;
Lennon,
Jenas,
Livermore,
Bale;
Van der Vaart (Defoe, 38);
Pavlyuchenko.

Subs not used: Gomes (GK), Carroll, Townsend, Kane.
Interesting to see a young Harry Kane was on the bench. After that game he started three seasons of different loans before finally breaking through into the Spurs first team.

Jan 26, 2015
Berkshire
I didn't go, but wasn't it really pissing it down with rain?
Yep - got absolutely soaked. The ball stopped bouncing when it was lumped to the lower end of the slope.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Solely on (long ago) memory, around '72 or '73, we played a mid-season friendly at The Goldstone (against Luton?) My Dad (who AFAIK had never been to watch The Albion before or since) took me and my brother (same as regard Albion attendances) to watch - the only time I sat in the West Stand. Can't remember the score, or much about the game, but I think I can remember a youngster called Mickey Conway playing for us, who looked quite good to me.
Not sure if he ever played for us again (waits for my usual correction form AZGull!)

Seemingly he did manage one game after that and according to John Vinicombe he scored as well.

As it happens, just come across this interview with Micky that appeared in the match programme for the fixture at home to Southampton on April 24 2022 (he was a guset of the club that day):-

Conway1.jpg

Conway2.jpg

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Away at Bournemouth I believe . You can buy a jigsaw commemorating the occasion View attachment 180320

It was Halloween the day before (obviously!), and really warm. There were loads of people lying on Bournemouth beach in Halloween outfits.

That game will always be remembered for that (and Ali Al-Habsi playing his one game for Brighton of course)

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Glenn Thomas

Despite what Wiki says, he never played for us at all.

And I witnessed all three times he took to the field in the stripes and proceeded to literally decompose as a living entity, in form and spirit and anything that once passed as human dignity, like Lord Voldemort on the receiving end of Harry Potter's wand.

1712869920301.png

wolfie

Jul 19, 2003
Warwickshire
Here's one for the old timers. Does anyone remember a winger called Peter Knight who played a few games during the famous div.4 promotion season (1964-1965) ? I think he was pulled out of Wednesday afternoon football in Preston Park (Post Office or Coop teams played there on early closing day) to play alongside Bobby Smith et al. I remember seeing him score in a 3-3 draw with Bradford City at the Goldstone when Smith scored twice. I don't think he ever scored again. We were unbeaten at home for the whole season and scored 102 goals in all. See the picture outside the Amex West Stand (with Norman Wisdom) for the regular team.

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
100% played in a pre season friendly at the Goldstone. Don’t think he stayed after that though.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here