Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Sian Berry

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
I see she is the Green candidate to replace Caroline Lucas. A professional politician, This is her third try at getting elected after 2 failures in different areas. plus tried to get in as London mayor. Surely the Greens can come up with someone who has more knowledge of the area

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
I think there might be a perception that some of the local councillors are carrying a bit of baggage

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Sian would be a good candidate, she is a serious politician.

I'll reserve judgement until I see the rest of the candidates, but I have to say this a pleasing start to the selection process.

BrightonCottager

Sep 30, 2013
Brighton
I agree that Sian Berry would be a good candidate. She is effective on Camden Council and the London Assembly. However, nominations are open until 30th June, so other candidates may emerge. I've already been asked by mates if I'll be standing - probably because they want to see me humiliated!

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
I really like her actually. I follow her on Twitter and she seems to be an intelligent, hardworking and principled campaigner, full of positive energy.

It's a yes from me.
Not if she is representing the greens . Just a glorified pressure group .

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Can she play left back?

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
I agree that Sian Berry would be a good candidate. She is effective on Camden Council and the London Assembly. However, nominations are open until 30th June, so other candidates may emerge. I've already been asked by mates if I'll be standing - probably because they want to see me humiliated!
I get a bit bored of candidates ( of any party ) being parachuted into a constituency. I feel only someone that has lived and worked in the area for a decent amount of time should be able to represent local residents in parliament or indeed in local government.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
I get a bit bored of candidates ( of any party ) being parachuted into a constituency. I feel only someone that has lived and worked in the area for a decent amount of time should be able to represent local residents in parliament or indeed in local government.
Agree Lets face it Greens in this country are a non entity. With politics in a turmoil for years have never looked like getting a seat anywhere apart from Kemp Town

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
Agree Lets face it Greens in this country are a non entity. With politics in a turmoil for years have never looked like getting a seat anywhere apart from Kemp Town
:facepalm: You'd better tell the Kemptown MP which party he's supposed to represent

1686663007888.png

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
I’m assuming she’s a DFL who’ll come down here and pretend to have her constituents best interest at heart way before her own beliefs?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here