• Yes

Votes: 50 26.6%
  • No

Votes: 138 73.4%

• Total voters

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I think he played shite on purpose so he doesn't have to join up with these arrogant tossers for a month in June and July, he'd rather spend it with his family after a long season.
Did he do it against Roma as well so he didn’t have to play as many games for the rest of the season as well?

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
I think he played shite on purpose so he doesn't have to join up with these arrogant tossers for a month in June and July, he'd rather spend it with his family after a long season.
I’m not saying he played shit on purpose but I do feel for him being there on his own with a bunch of big time Charlies - must be quite uncomfortable for him bearing in mind he’s a decent bloke surrounded by a bunch of players who think they have some kind of right to be there.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Of course he shouldnt

Tomori and Stones should be the starters.

But Southgate told Phillips he doesn't rate the Italian league, so he won't pick him.

Maguire/Dunk are not at the level require to be starting.

Exilegull

Mar 14, 2024
Changed my mind Maguire shouldnt go even in the squad. Two or three massive mistakes in the first 15 minutes and all confidence is lost as the back no one wanting to make the pass forward no one daring offside traps no trust at all and thats the nervy back line our nervy captain steps into. All our defenders will improve with no Maguire

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
That is the issue. You are under the highest scrutiny and it was a very poor header. The BBC called out too many mistakes at the back particularly Maguire..Dunk and Chilwell. The early loss of Walker didn't help but our captain has made more errors this season than most of us feel comfortable with. He hasn't been the only one but he normally sets pretty high standards and I'm sure he will raise his levels again.
I feel that most of Dunk’s errors recently are of a similar theme = he’s trying to keep the ball alive, when in hindsight just clearing it was the pragmatic option. This must come from the coaches. The Roma one in particular was suicidal when viewed back but understandable when he’s trying to keep possession. I felt the header on Saturday was the same, trying to find our midfielder’s feet rather than heading it up and away.

Dave Fishwick

Feb 28, 2021
London
Set pieces are such a key part of international football, Maguire is decent in both boxes for this. We need someone with a bit of pace next to him.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Funny how short England fans memories have been re: Dunk - after the Australia (man of the match) and Scotland (second behind Bellingham) games it felt like the majority of England fans were saying he should potentially start?! Yet even before the Brazil game he seems to have completely dropped off everyone's radars.

Football Ramble today were balanced but overall felt he's too slow for England (of course, I'd argue Maguire is probably slower, certainly clumsier) - here's hoping he starts and puts in a MOTM performance against Belgium.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I think Braithwaite should be on the verge of the England team. He's the best oppo CB I've seen at the Amex so far this season. He has a presence about him.
There's a really big push around him atm. Fair chance he'll play tomorrow night.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
I think Braithwaite should be on the verge of the England team. He's the best oppo CB I've seen at the Amex so far this season. He has a presence about him.
Should be him and Stones, Braithwaite could be the future, get him games now.

We know Maguire will make mistakes in the Euros, what's new? What's the point of doing the same thing again.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Sadly I do think it's all happened too late for Dunk.

If he'd been given a proper go back around 2021 when Maguire troubles began, I think he'd be in place alongside Stones now, I really do.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I also think - while he looks good - people are getting way too ahead of themselves on Mainoo, based mostly on the fact they feel there's a clear gap alongside Rice and behind Bellingham. I actually think Gallagher can do that water carrying job ok, with the potential to choose TAA instead against weaker sides.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here