Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Should commercial delivery drivers be re-routed to the NHS?

East Staffs Gull

Jan 16, 2004
Birmingham and Austria
That's what I thought one of the volunteer roles was. Weird that the GP was insistent they couldn't cope.

I was going to volunteer once this shite shifts as I'm pretty sure I've had CV19 and I would happily collect drugs and shopping for people. Not sure there's any point from what you've said?

I don’t think that the GoodSam/RVS services are short of volunteers at the moment and hopefully that won’t change. Not even sure that they are accepting new volunteers at the moment.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
That's what I thought one of the volunteer roles was. Weird that the GP was insistent they couldn't cope.

I was going to volunteer once this shite shifts as I'm pretty sure I've had CV19 and I would happily collect drugs and shopping for people. Not sure there's any point from what you've said?
Surgeries don't help with deliveries. Pharmacies do. I've needed two prescriptions since lockdown, one from a major supermarket chain, one from a local chemist. Phoned the pharmacies, prescriptions dropped round the next day. No problem.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Here's a list of things I can get / have had delivered over the last month:

Takeaway, children's toys, books, fresh pub beer and pork scratchings, organic eggs, croissants, a wedding anniversary gift from my mother, an anniversary card and wine. And, while I haven't taken advantage of it, I could have got M&S food delivered from the garage on the seafront by Deliveroo drivers who seem to think "social distancing" is something in a Sci Fi movie.

Here's a list of things I cannot get delivered even though I'm self isolating and have been advised they are essential:

Prescription drugs.

The reason given is high demand, which is not surprising in the current climate so this is in no way a dig at NHS key workers. However, when you are self isolating or shielding these are surely the things you need most. Now, it's likely that the vulnerable and shielders are being prioritised and I've found a mate who'll collect my prescription so that's all good, but how much better would it be if we diverted a few of these frivolous Deliveroo scooters to go deliver drugs for the NHS instead? Seems barking that commercial deliveries are easier than medical ones. Do you really need that organic ready meal or bottle of wine?

Once again the Germans are well ahead of the game; we’ve been using commercial delivery drivers for drugs for a while now.

“'Like ordering pizza': How 'cocaine taxis' are on the rise in Berlin”

https://www.thelocal.de/20191021/it-was-like-ordering-pizza-cocaine-taxis-on-the-rise-in-berlin

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here