Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Shit Stirring Sky?

nickbrighton

Feb 19, 2016
Chelsea pay best part of £100 million for Lukaku, and then for whatever do not play him. Lukaku isn't overly happy and Sky have an interview where he expresses that, and basically the fact that he wants to go back to Italy and indeed would have preferred to have stayed there in the first place

Sky then sit on the interview for best part of a month until Lukaku is in the team, and scoring goials.

Then they release the interview and create all kinds of trouble and Lukaku is dropped against Liverpool

So rather than reporting on their story when it occurred, which would have been the reasonable thing to do, they wait until the issues he raises look to have been resolved (at least he is starting and scoring) and then choose to release it purely to cause headlines and strife and create more of a story than there was

This seems to raise a few points, is it ethical (Sky -I know!),and more importantly, wtf didnt they do it the week before and then he may not have started against us!!

So is Sky just shit stirring for the greatest number of clicks, or are they genuinely reporting on a story in a timely fashion.

It seems to me that Lukaku is doing a bit of biting the hand that feeds him,but Sky are just stirring the pot when it suits them. Had they got the interview and reported on it at the time , I think it would have been fair game, but best part of a month later?

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
Reminds me of Lennon’s quote about the Beatles being more popular than Jesus being dragged out and causing a shitstorm.

stewart_weir

Mar 19, 2017
Chelsea pay best part of £100 million for Lukaku, and then for whatever do not play him. Lukaku isn't overly happy and Sky have an interview where he expresses that, and basically the fact that he wants to go back to Italy and indeed would have preferred to have stayed there in the first place

Sky then sit on the interview for best part of a month until Lukaku is in the team, and scoring goials.

Then they release the interview and create all kinds of trouble and Lukaku is dropped against Liverpool

So rather than reporting on their story when it occurred, which would have been the reasonable thing to do, they wait until the issues he raises look to have been resolved (at least he is starting and scoring) and then choose to release it purely to cause headlines and strife and create more of a story than there was

This seems to raise a few points, is it ethical (Sky -I know!),and more importantly, wtf didnt they do it the week before and then he may not have started against us!!

So is Sky just shit stirring for the greatest number of clicks, or are they genuinely reporting on a story in a timely fashion.

It seems to me that Lukaku is doing a bit of biting the hand that feeds him,but Sky are just stirring the pot when it suits them. Had they got the interview and reported on it at the time , I think it would have been fair game, but best part of a month later?

Since the dawn of the printing press this is what happens. In case you were not aware 'media' owners all have an agenda which the editors follow with what they print and their opinions on every subject. Nothing to see here

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Pretty sure Sky Italia did the interview, not Sky UK.

Probably why the delay in reporting over here.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
My heart bleeds for Tuchel and his bare bones squad

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I'm not entirely sure why Chelsea are allowing Sky to dictate their team selection.

If it mean't a week off I'd happily tell Sky Sports Italia how unhappy I am in my job and would love to live in Italy.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire

Here’s the real explanation, folks.
Not as much fun as the shit stirring nonsense explanation, I give you.

Last edited:

nickbrighton

Feb 19, 2016

Here’s the real explanation, folks.
Not as much fun as the shit stirring nonsense explanation, I give you.

Sky Italia is part of the overall Sky group (comcast) , so is part of the same organisation as Sky UK, and it appears that it was only released in Italy recently

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
This interview was a big deal for Sky Sport (Italia).

Think about it: how many full, sit down interviews do you see with major football stars?

So it was packaged as a standalone show and properly scheduled (see below), not just thrown out as news snippets.

SPECIALE_LUKAKU738_462.jpg

To hype the show, Sky Sport (Italia) released a preview the evening before (all perfectly normal) and news outlets jumped on the quotes.

He said wants to go back to Inter during his career (and not at the end) - the hot news in Italy.

And he said - at the time - he was "uphappy at not playing/the system, but that's normal" (or something like that) which got heavily twisted by most UK media.

Standard stuff, really.

So, in conclusion...

Shit Stirring Sky?

No.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here