Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] SheGulls Blog Womens Team supporter survey

zeetha

Apr 11, 2011
This year a new blog has started up for the Womens Team which can be found at https://shegulls.com - worth a read and a follow on socials if you're interested in the Womens Team.

As we've reached the halfway point of the season, they are running a fan survey which you can read about and fill in here : https://shegulls.com/2024/01/03/shegulls-brighton-hove-albion-women-fan-survey/

If you are interested in the Womens team please do fill out the survey as it'll be interesting to see the general consensus on how people are feeling about the team and their results at the moment. If it isn't your thing (which I know is a fair few on this forum), then please just move on without filling out the survey - thanks!

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
I won't be filling out the survey, as the women's team isn't my thing, but I wondered out of curiosity whether the organiser has partnered with the club to conduct it? i.e. what is the expected outcome? If loads of people say 'we think we need a whole team of new players'. will they be disappointed if the club don't deliver that etc? It is an interesting concept to survey the fans, just interested on what the aim of doing so actually is.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
I only attend a couple of games when have taken a niece. a season and will not fill in survey which I thought was very strange and aimed at people that attend a lot more than I do and also know a lot more about set up. Who put that survey out because club will gain little from replies
I hope it goes from strength to strength as admire the backing TB has given.
I say survey is strange one because asking people for eg what they think of coach etc and the 1000/1500 who attend now will attend whoever the coach is or who is playing. To make it sustainable at this level with the vast imput at training ground and full time players. I assume attendances of 5k plus are needed. so if anything a survey to non attendes asking what it would need to tempt them to attend would be better.
It needs a new audience which I am sure is out ther because unless it is a one off big game am sure the Majority of those that watch mens team will not watch

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton
Agree that the team/coaching questions were a bit weird. And I have a season ticket and generally only miss a game or two, there's nothing the club could do to get me going more save removing all other commitments from my life!

Do appreciate the questions on away travel though, particularly as a few stadiums are tricky to get to by train etc...

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
I filled out the survey as best I could.

It wasn't the best survey I have seen but, like Womens football in general, it is still finding it's way.

I applaud whoever is driving these thoughts and suggestions. It really cannot be an easy task , but anything that helps promote the National game for women and encourages other females to participate gets my vote.

Well done..!

zeetha

Apr 11, 2011
I won't be filling out the survey, as the women's team isn't my thing, but I wondered out of curiosity whether the organiser has partnered with the club to conduct it? i.e. what is the expected outcome? If loads of people say 'we think we need a whole team of new players'. will they be disappointed if the club don't deliver that etc? It is an interesting concept to survey the fans, just interested on what the aim of doing so actually is.

They've not partnered with the club, think they just put together the survey off their own bat as they were interested in what other people thought about the team and it was a way of gauging that. Guess it might also make a few more people look at their blog too.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I filled out the survey as best I could.

It wasn't the best survey I have seen but, like Womens football in general, it is still finding it's way.

I applaud whoever is driving these thoughts and suggestions. It really cannot be an easy task , but anything that helps promote the National game for women and encourages other females to participate gets my vote.

Well done..!
TBF the PL and club surveys about the mens game are usually shite

Dunkstar

Jul 6, 2003
Up a Hill
Well hello - returning for the first time since 2006 - tis I Dunkstar. Not many will remember me from the singing section way back at the Withdean, but hey I racked up well over 2000 posts.

I am also the driving force behind SheGulls which was born from the fact that the Brighton Women’s Team have zero online footprint. No supporters club, no FSA affiliated FB or X channel for fans - and their own social media lets you know that a player has left the club in the middle of the night - just an hour before they play for another team halfway across the world - that sort of thing.
So I’m doing what I can.

Thank you for the consideration btw Amexer I guess we’ll have to make do without your input - appreciate the comments though - food for thought.

The survey is primarily aimed at people who have at least a passing interest in the Women’s game - a chance to have their say - whether it be about the team, facilities, away travel etc.
Some questions are information gathering - like finding out if the fanbase back the manager for instance - some are for a purpose - like finding out how likely fans are to attend away games.
Only the first 4 questions are compulsory and in those all we are asking is your level of fandom (games attended, season ticket holder etc) - anyone answering any of the remainder can just skip anything they don’t have a view on.

Whilst we do not have an affiliation with the club directly for two main reasons (one I’d have to pay for the privilege despite me doing literally all the work - and two I believe independence is vitally important) I would love the club to correspond with us on issues the fans would like addressed - hence the survey.
We are however an associate member of the Football Supporters’ Association and part of the Women’s Game Network.

Also to add, no data is collected from anyone beyond the answers - which are anonymised.

Please do give me a shout if anyone is concerned or has any further questions.

Last edited:

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
I'm moving on for now, but if have a daughter etc. in the future the lack of interest may change so thank you for doing your part to spread the word and keep things building in the right direction :)

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Well hello - returning for the first time since 2006 - tis I Dunkstar. Not many will remember me from the singing section way back at the Withdean, but hey I racked up well over 2000 posts.

I am also the driving force behind SheGulls which was born from the fact that the Brighton Women’s Team have zero online footprint. No supporters club, no FSA affiliated FB or X channel for fans - and their own social media lets you know that a player has left the club in the middle of the night - just an hour before they play for another team halfway across the world - that sort of thing.
So I’m doing what I can.

Thank you for the consideration btw Amexer I guess we’ll have to make do without your input - appreciate the comments though - food for thought.

The survey is primarily aimed at people who have at least a passing interest in the Women’s game - a chance to have their say - whether it be about the team, facilities, away travel etc.
Some questions are information gathering - like finding out if the fanbase back the manager for instance - some are for a purpose - like finding out how likely fans are to attend away games.
Only the first 4 questions are compulsory and in those all we are asking is your level of fandom (games attended, season ticket holder etc) - anyone answering any of the remainder can just skip anything they don’t have a view on.

Whilst we do not have an affiliation with the club directly for two main reasons (one I’d have to pay for the privilege despite me doing literally all the work - and two I believe independence is vitally important) I would love the club to correspond with us on issues the fans would like addressed - hence the survey.
We are however an associate member of the Football Supporters’ Association and part of the Women’s Game Network.

Also to add, no data is collected from anyone beyond the answers - which are anonymised.

Please do give me a shout if anyone is concerned or has any further questions.
Whilst I do not attend games (I’m an expat) I certainly support the concept of the women’s team. If I return I will certainly take in games.

Until then, I wish you all the best.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here