Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Finance] Self employed to receive 80% of income from the Gov’t too

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
Done mine today, simple process gave me the figure at the end and stated will be in my account within 6 days.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Having logged on late last week and getting confirmation that I was due some cash, I didn't see a date anywhere, so logged on last night. Very simple process and a few minutes later got a nice sum of money.
Have to say government doing well in handing out cash.
Furlough staff. Whilst very confusing at first, my payroll software updated in April with easy explanations on how to pay staff. gov.uk has a very easy portal and paid 6 days later.
Council £10K. Very easy and got it within a week.
Small business loan. Thought I'd try for it even though I don't need it. Got £40K within 12 hours from Santander, interest free for one year. Going to park this in another account for emergencies but aim to pay back within one year.
Never had so much money in my bank account.

You could always do a Palace, take all the cash out, wind up your company and start a new one. :lolol:

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
It’s how much I’ve lost 10/15%...not a catastrophe

I've seen people whose income has actually gone up during the pandemic get the rates related grant AND the SEISS 80%. So don't feel too guilty.

Also lots who don't qualify at all.......

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I've seen people whose income has actually gone up during the pandemic get the rates related grant AND the SEISS 80%. So don't feel too guilty.

Also lots who don't qualify at all.......

Aye it just irks a little and aren’t they going to investigate a random sample of claims...and then turnaround and say well u didn’t lose much...not sure how they will do it though...write to my ex customers or ask the current ones why not spending as much

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Aye it just irks a little and aren’t they going to investigate a random sample of claims...and then turnaround and say well u didn’t lose much...not sure how they will do it though...write to my ex customers or ask the current ones why not spending as much

Well joking aside I have also heard of people going for the loans and then intending to down their company. I hope they get screwed.

grubbyhands

Dec 8, 2011
Godalming
Hurrah! Mine just landed in my bank,pretty easy to do,I can still work if I choose to and I will. Still taxable but a welcome help during 9 weeks of bugger all.

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Mine has been processed and payment will be with me the end of next week, I can't deny £7.5K will help tide me over but would rather be working!

Much of my work is away from Sussex so hope Hotels and B&B's are released from Lockdown sooner rather than later. Bed is important, Breakfast somewhat less so...

Billy in Bristol

Mar 25, 2004
Bristol
Got mine, but suspect that there will be no more. I work in events and these are just no able to happen these days...

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here