Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

See you Winifred...

bennibenj

Mar 6, 2011
Sompting
The thing is though that fans wear their hearts on their sleeves and what to believe what they are told about 20million etc, where as I have seen it so many times already and im only 34, which is young considering some people I know have been supporting the club as long as I have been born. When my dad was alive he used to think exactly the same as I do now. I do think he is likely to be loaned back to us though until the end of the season. I just hope we can use some of that money to strengthen, then again no one really knows what the chairmen/manager have in their mind as neither do the Brighton fans

Bloody hell, hate it when Palace come on here and talk sense :)

I think, rumours of him going to Arsenal (Zaha) if he does, would be highly unlikely to be loaned back as would Spurs or Everton for example, my assumption would be clubs who would spend a large percentage of available funds would want an instant impact. If he went to say Chelsea or Man City where money isnt an issue, it would be a much higher possibility of the loan back.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
The thing is though that fans wear their hearts on their sleeves and what to believe what they are told about 20million etc, where as I have seen it so many times already and im only 34
I don't think that's it. It's not that they wear their hearts on their sleeves, it's that they're f***ing idiots. I've read your posts here, and you're not typical on our Palace posters. We have a few good ones, but there are plenty more trolls/fuckwits.

EDS

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
Bloody hell, hate it when Palace come on here and talk sense :)

I think, rumours of him going to Arsenal (Zaha) if he does, would be highly unlikely to be loaned back as would Spurs or Everton for example, my assumption would be clubs who would spend a large percentage of available funds would want an instant impact. If he went to say Chelsea or Man City where money isnt an issue, it would be a much higher possibility of the loan back.

True, but the thing is though, Parish has made a lot of bold quotes as in 20 million or we wont even talk etc, so if he were to let him go for 8-15m and not even get a loan back then that would put him in a very uncomfortable position. He says we do not need to sell, but who actually knows that? none of us do. Also it looks like he actually wants to go, okay that is shite loyalty but when you step back from it he is a footballer with the world(you lot might disagree, but certainly more than any other championship footballer) at his feet and obviously wants to play at the top and obviously the money is a consideration as well. Its just that as a fan its hard for me to step back from it.
The one upside for me is that I dont think that we could sell a single player or two as we have done and totally screw up our promotion hopes, I was serious though when I said that im more worried about Murray than Zaha. But surely going to a team like Villa would almost be a step backwards if you know what I mean, the same cannot be said for Norwich though.

EDS

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
I don't think that's it. It's not that they wear their hearts on their sleeves, it's that they're f***ing idiots. I've read your posts here, and you're not typical on our Palace posters. We have a few good ones, but there are plenty more trolls/fuckwits.

Yeah but the majority sign up to wind you lot up, I just signed up to comment about an old boy being duffed up and carried on reading for the football talk and some of the banter is funny.

Imagine being a Palace fan for a minute though(okay maybe not but you get my drift).
Zaha has a long contract, he says he wants to get to the Prem with Palace and our chairmen says hes not far sale? I mean that has to give us some hope but a soon as the transfer window comes we are already waving bye, but to be honest we all knew deep down what would/will happen. BUT Palace fans much like Brighton fans have learnt if nothing else of how to live in hope.

bennibenj

Mar 6, 2011
Sompting
True, but the thing is though, Parish has made a lot of bold quotes as in 20 million or we wont even talk etc, so if he were to let him go for 8-15m and not even get a loan back then that would put him in a very uncomfortable position. He says we do not need to sell, but who actually knows that? none of us do. Also it looks like he actually wants to go, okay that is shite loyalty but when you step back from it he is a footballer with the world(you lot might disagree, but certainly more than any other championship footballer) at his feet and obviously wants to play at the top and obviously the money is a consideration as well. Its just that as a fan its hard for me to step back from it.
The one upside for me is that I dont think that we could sell a single player or two as we have done and totally screw up our promotion hopes, I was serious though when I said that im more worried about Murray than Zaha. But surely going to a team like Villa would almost be a step backwards if you know what I mean, the same cannot be said for Norwich though.

Thats a good few point's, tbh cannot disagree with any of them. Especially with Murray or anyone looking for a Prem move, Villa would be possibly bottom 3 prospects of moving to progress. Plus, I really, really dislike Villa.

EDS

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
Anyway im off to bed, hopefully I will wake up in the morning and see that we have done a straight swap with Real Madrid for Ronaldo, you see when you support Palace you learn wild optimism and hope, either that or you would need to be popping valium for breakfast.
A lot of my own fans would hate me for saying this and no doubt Brighton fans but lets hope that within the next few years we can be playing our grudge matches in the Prem

Woodchip

It's all about the bikes
Aug 28, 2004
Shaky Town, NZ
Anyway im off to bed, hopefully I will wake up in the morning and see that we have done a straight swap with Real Madrid for Ronaldo, you see when you support Palace you learn wild optimism and hope, either that or you would need to be popping valium for breakfast.
A lot of my own fans would hate me for saying this and no doubt Brighton fans but lets hope that within the next few years we can be playing our grudge matches in the Prem

I hate you. Stop talking sense. :kiss:

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
what I do hope is that the sales are done on the last day giving them no time to spend the money!!

Here is an example of how shit most of these articles are:

Wilfried Zaha: I must stay at Crystal Palace to enjoy promotion

Thrilling stuff for a Palace fan, showing what a loyal chap he really is? :wrong:

The quote is lifted from the Wolves matchday program. In the post-match press conference, Olly said that the club wrote that, and laughed that it would be picked up by the Sunday papers. :D

How can anyone understand what Oily says?

I heard him on Talksport after Tuesdays games - I could just about make out certain phrases such as "I've worked with the lad" "best I've ever seen" "Gingsters" "so lucky" "motel" and "fans" . ???.

Gus is easier to understand than the WurzelGimp.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here