Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Security for Palace game

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
But that is what I want to do, namely come out of the East Stand Upper and simply turn left to go to the bridge car Park. But that is anti-clockwise, though by far the most sensible route. I emailed the club imploring them to be specific and received a reply stating blandly that I must follow the clockwise route, which would mean I would have to walk past the South and then all the way round to the West stand to get to the pathway leading to the Bridge Car Park. Madness, considering, as I understand it, the Palace lot are being kept in the stadium.
to go clockwise from the east you wouldn't be able to pass the south. it's all about siphoning palace through kettle style

worthingseagull

Sep 28, 2011
That would be anti clockwise….
Confusion reigns. Surely if Palace are being kept in it doesn’t matter which way people walk ? That used to be part of the point of keeping away fans in.
exactly - just keep Palace locked in - we all go home as normal and after 25 minutes, if any Brighton are still making their way out, then just THOSE fans have to adhere to the clockwise nonsense

Heffle Gull

JCL since 1979
Feb 5, 2004
Heathfield
I read it as if you are heading to the coach park then you won't be able to pass the away end so you have to go clockwise. for every one heading to the station/Bridge Carpark etc head in your normal direction (unless of course that takes you past the away end).

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
I read it as if you are heading to the coach park then you won't be able to pass the away end so you have to go clockwise. for every one heading to the station/Bridge Carpark etc head in your normal direction (unless of course that takes you past the away end).
spot on

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
isn’t the Coach park directly behind the away end ? The direction you walk makes no difference.

HH Brighton

Jul 25, 2003
Hmmm I am flip flopping as to whether to let my sons go (9 and 11). Originally I was thinking not mainly due to school night, but now there are school strikes I was more tempted. But now this thread has me lurching towards not taking them again.

Seems like there is a lot of good feedback on here as to what went wrong last year, if only we had a Fan Advisory Board to pass that back to the club and ask them to action it...
Mine have been going to Palace game since they were 5 and 8, they love it

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Thanks all. I think I'm going to turn left and see how it goes.
Definitely do that. I'm doing the same journey from the East Upper and I'll be turning left if that reassures you (or worries you!).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here