Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Second hand stuff ?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I was going to sell all my John Lennon collectibles online but thought better of it. Imagine all the PayPal.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
The only way to get decent affordable clothes was in charity shops in the 80's up until the early 90's really . . . .unless you were into plastic fashion. I still have some very nice vintage stuff which cost me peanuts.

I still buy vintage if I find something good, but most of its crap now, good quality clothes are not the norm. Most of the 60's 70's god stuff is knackered.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Rule of thumb: get rid of material stuff from your house/flat whenever you can, daily if you can, no matter how small, and rarely ever accept anything material anyone offers you with “I thought you might be able to use this at home”

And never buy books: lend or borrow, but never buy. It’s all clutter.

Disagree, sort of. Always a good esoteric choice of titles at BHF charity shops. Buy them for £1.50 - £2, enjoy reading them, then return them to the shop for someone else to enjoy

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Disagree, sort of. Always a good esoteric choice of titles at BHF charity shops. Buy them for £1.50 - £2, enjoy reading them, then return them to the shop for someone else to enjoy

Yep 100%, charity shop books are ace, 3 for a quid in my local non-BHF charity shop, a no-brainer, I retract my post, in fact just about everything, all the utter shite, I’ve ever posted on NSC while I’m at it (I’m having a clear out after all), although I remain stunned that [MENTION=435]Stat Brother[/MENTION] has never heard of this:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coals_to_Newcastle

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here