Seb Carole...

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Looking forward to a fourth spell with the Albion?

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ;5337550 said:
Hope we draw them in the FA Cup and he gets to play at the Amex

That would be nice, I liked him when he was here, good luck to him at Bury!

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
TERRIBLE player for us. First time he did well, EVERY other time he was incredibly atrocious. I don't begrudge him a game at the Amex, but not for us. NEVER AGAIN.

:angry:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ;5337550 said:
Hope we draw them in the FA Cup and he gets to play at the Amex

I was thinking about the FA cup and Bournemouth so Tommy Elphick would get his chance.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I can't quite grasp why anybody would care if he played at the Amex or not, to be honest. He was just another average to mediocre player in an era overrun with them.

I'd no more be bothered if he ended up facing us here than I would Alex Frutos, Jamie Campbell, Al Bangura, Gavin Hoyte, Scott Flinders or any other relative no-mark :shrug:

Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ

Hove / Παρος
Apr 7, 2006
Hove / Παρος
I can't quite grasp why anybody would care if he played at the Amex or not, to be honest. He was just another average to mediocre player in an era overrun with them.

I'd no more be bothered if he ended up facing us here than I would Alex Frutos, Jamie Campbell, Al Bangura, Gavin Hoyte, Scott Flinders or any other relative no-mark :shrug:

Because he was a popular player during that 05-06 season, had to endure Withdean and has played over 50 times for the Albion (less successfully in latter spells, I admit). If Frutos had recently signed for another Football League club I think it would be great to see him come to the Amex as well. As for Hoyte, Flinders and Bangura they only made a handful of appearances. I have no idea who Jamie Campbell is :shrug:

I think it's fairly straightforward to grasp why people would like to see him return, no?

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ;5337872 said:
Because he was a popular player during that 05-06 season, had to endure Withdean and has played over 50 times for the Albion (less successfully in latter spells, I admit). If Frutos had recently signed for another Football League club I think it would be great to see him come to the Amex as well. As for Hoyte, Flinders and Bangura they only made a handful of appearances. I have no idea who Jamie Campbell is :shrug:

I think it's fairly straightforward to grasp why people would like to see him return, no?

Nope. He didn't do much as far as I'm concerned. I could see why people might want to give Tommy Elphick a bit of a cheer, he's a local lad who always worked hard and had a tough time with injuries. But Carole is just another "meh" player, who mostly flattered to deceive. I'm not saying I dislike the player, just that I really couldn't care less what he did with his career.

Jamie Campbell was a fairly inept full back in the days of Micky Adams' first spell at the club. I remember him returning to Withdean one night with Exeter, on an evening when they achieved ten yellow cards. He either scored an own goal or got sent off, I can't remember which.

DIFFBROOK

Really Up the Junction
Feb 3, 2005
Yorkshire
Lives near me and his son is good friends with a mate of mine. Always has a good word to say about Brighton and is a very humble guy. Not rich by any stretch and needs to keep plying his trade. He was so pleased that we got the Amex and does look out ours and leeds results.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Jamie Campbell was a fairly inept full back in the days of Micky Adams' first spell at the club. I remember him returning to Withdean one night with Exeter, on an evening when they achieved ten yellow cards. He either scored an own goal or got sent off, I can't remember which.

Must have been an own goal. Incredibly no Exeter player was sent off. Despite at least half of them deserving to be.

Yoda

English & European
Don't know if it's the same season but I remember Exeter once having twelve booked in a game with no reds.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
If Frutos had recently signed for another Football League club I think it would be great to see him come to the Amex as well.

I'll be there tonight. :wink:

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ

Must have been an own goal. Incredibly no Exeter player was sent off. Despite at least half of them deserving to be.

Don't know if it's the same season but I remember Exeter once having twelve booked in a game with no reds.

Here are the details. Game was played on December 22 2000; 10 Exeter bookings, no sendings-off. Looks like the club gave the second goal to Hart, despite the fact that the report clearly states his cross was deflected past his own keeper by Campbell.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports