Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

seat belts

smeariestbat

May 5, 2012
This, delivery drivers and taxi drivers are excused as well for similar reasons.

i always thought taxi drivers were excused on the grounds of personal safety. i.e, if the belt was on, a passenger could use it to strangle them or something...

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
This, delivery drivers and taxi drivers are excused as well for similar reasons.[/QUOTE
Not all delivery drivers, I think thst you will find it is dependant on distance between drops. People like milkmen, Yodel, Interlink and other courier companies who are making frequent stops are but people deliverying at 1 stop in a road then driving to 1 in another road are not I think that you will find.

SussexHoop

Dec 7, 2003
Buses don't travel at speeds that would make it inherently dangerous to kill people on the inside.

Rubbish drivers and pedestrians make buses dangerous.
Some years ago one of those rubbish drivers drove his bus into the back of my wife's stationary car. My wife and son suffered some injuries and shock but the bus passengers bore the brunt of it with some fairly substantial head and facial injuries.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Some years ago one of those rubbish drivers drove his bus into the back of my wife's stationary car. My wife and son suffered some injuries and shock but the bus passengers bore the brunt of it with some fairly substantial head and facial injuries.

Sorry to hear that. There seem to be a few rogues in Brighton and drive at speeds unsuitable for the journey. Given up on buses now. Take my chances with them on a pedal bike.

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
City buses rarely travel at high speed - interntionally at least they're generally limited to very low speeds (which is utterly fustrating when you live in a suburb connected by an 80mph limit motorway but which gets city rather than regional buses); however I can't see if this applies in the UK. Limited to 42mph here.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Same general principles probably apply though surely?

agree to an extent. i can see the case made for being "compartmentalised" with the high backed seats they talk about, like we have in coaches. but here we belts in coaches, and we dont have high backs on ordinary town buses. if the arguement some are making that buese dont go fast enough, then does that mean we dont need to wear seat belts in cars around town?

worthingseagull123

May 5, 2012
On the bus to Brighton yesterday the driver had to brake sharply throwing a number of people forward suddenly. This made me wonder why it is not law that buses are fitted with seat belts with optional use, especially where children are concerned.

If you are implying that seat belts could be worthwhile on buses, I assume you are suggesting standing on buses should be discouraged?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
If you are implying that seat belts could be worthwhile on buses, I assume you are suggesting standing on buses should be discouraged?
I think that people standing are more stable than people sat on the seats as they are generally holding on to something as opposed to seated passengers especially the very young like primary school age and under, which was my original point.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here