Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Seagull travel, Hickstead

tronnogull

May 17, 2010
Given that there are no trains for the Luton fixture I have booked Seagull travel, with pick up at the Castle Inn Hickstead.

Has anyone here used this pickup location ? If so, do you know if it is ok to park actually at the Castle Inn ? I asked Seagull travel and they said that they thought some folks did park there but they had no official arrangement. I went by it today and there is a ( small ) sign saying that it is a private car park.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
I’d park by the Burger King / Starbucks, plenty of parking. In years gone by it’s where the players parked and got dropped off

scoobiewhite

Jan 29, 2012
Albourne / Brighton
Given that there are no trains for the Luton fixture I have booked Seagull travel, with pick up at the Castle Inn Hickstead.

Has anyone here used this pickup location ? If so, do you know if it is ok to park actually at the Castle Inn ? I asked Seagull travel and they said that they thought some folks did park there but they had no official arrangement. I went by it today and there is a ( small ) sign saying that it is a private car park.
There is also plenty of parking in lay bys on the long slip road back down to the 23. Just down past Wishing Wells smallholders store

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
You'll get dropped off in the bus stop on the south bound side of the A23 (next to but not in the service station). Bear this in mind as it will be dark on the return.
Sorry that's the only info I can give you.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
You'll get dropped off in the bus stop on the south bound side of the A23 (next to but not in the service station). Bear this in mind as it will be dark on the return.
Sorry that's the only info I can give you.
…which very much means parking in BK/Starbucks car park is a better option 👍

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I’d park by the Burger King / Starbucks, plenty of parking. In years gone by it’s where the players parked and got dropped off
Yep as did l many times, The Costa special coach used to pick me up across the road outside the Castle, and drop me off when l travelled away back in the day.

tronnogull

May 17, 2010
Thanks for the replies and info folks.
I did look at the BK/ Starbucks area today and was a bit put off by the multitude of signs warning parkers to protect their cars against vandalism and theft. But I would imagine that Kaz had a much more expensive and noticeable car than me so if it was good enough for him it will definitely be good enough for me.
I did not see any signs which limited who could park there or which imposed any time limit.

Jul 7, 2003
Very good chance you have to give Travelodge your reg number. I'm not being awkward here, just playing safe.
From what I hear of that Travelodge, it is so low rent if they did have a system it wouldn't work.

I parked up by Starbucks this morning and had a look around - as @tronnogull said, signs warning about theft but nothing visible about any time limitations in that part of the car park.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Very good chance you have to give Travelodge your reg number. I'm not being awkward here, just playing safe.
It’s not exclusively their car park, it’s shared by them, Burger King and Starbucks (no signs for car park rules etc)

If worried you could park in the lay-by between the shell garage and car park

IMG_3600.png

Captain Vimes

Aug 22, 2008
From what I hear of that Travelodge, it is so low rent if they did have a system it wouldn't work.

I parked up by Starbucks this morning and had a look around - as @tronnogull said, signs warning about theft but nothing visible about any time limitations in that part of the car park.
We park in the Starbucks car park then Walk over the bridge to the coach pick up. I believe the Castle objected to us parking in their car park a few years back. We have not had any issues with the Starbucks car park. I think it’s where the players park too, judging by the number of Mercs!

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
We park in the Starbucks car park then Walk over the bridge to the coach pick up. I believe the Castle objected to us parking in their car park a few years back. We have not had any issues with the Starbucks car park. I think it’s where the players park too, judging by the number of Mercs!
Going off piste somewhat, is the Castle Inn still a Chinese restaurant? or did that close some years ago never to reopen?

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Going off piste somewhat, is the Castle Inn still a Chinese restaurant? or did that close some years ago never to reopen?

According to the reviews on Google it's still a Chinese restaurant but seems to be mainly 1 star reviews in the last 6 months.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here