Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Food] Seaford Cafe

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Any recommendations for a good cafe for breakfast/lunch from the Eastsiders ?

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
Pomegranate, though you'll need to book on a Saturday, and bear in mind it's changing hands at the end of the month and will be a different proposition altogether by the sound of it.

People seem to like The Grumpy Chef too. (Again changing hands soon.)

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Tried Pomegranate, fully booked, tried Church Lane Team room, fully booked. It's Friday lunchtime FFS, does no bugger in Seaford work ?

Finally got a very nice sandwich and coffee in Lanes. Also got 2 wild rabbits from the butcher round the corner so a bit of a result :thumbsup:

Will try the golf course next time I'm out that way.

Last edited:

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Tried Pomegranate, fully booked, tried Church Lane Team room, fully booked. It's Friday lunchtime FFS, does no bugger in Seaford work ?

Finally got a very nice sandwich and coffee in Lanes. Also got 2 wild rabbits from the butcher round the corner so a bit of a result :thumbsup:

Will try the golf course next time I'm out that way.
You’ve not seen the ‘’Have you seen my young Daughters pet rabbits in Seaford’’ thread then

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
You’ve not seen the ‘’Have you seen my young Daughters pet rabbits in Seaford’’ thread then
My Grandmother (long departed) always did a great Rabbit Stew which, I found out, was due to her parents keeping hutches to feed the 11 kids when she was young. I still remember early 70's in my early teen vegetarian years asking whether she had done anything to my root veg and millet stew - 'It looked a bit insipid, so I added some gravy, but made sure no meat went in' :lolol:

I finally saw the light a few years later stuck in some obscure place in Greece after a few weeks of trying to survive on Greek salads.

Anyway, the Rabbits look great, I've rung my Mum to tell her we are having Rabbit with Puy lentils, Caramelised organic shallots and fondant potatoes (obviously being Brighton born and bred, it's what we now call rabbit stew) on Sunday and I'll report back :thumbsup:

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
I live in Seaford, had an absolutely cracking eggs Benedict in Lanes. Highly recommended.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I live in Seaford, had an absolutely cracking eggs Benedict in Lanes. Highly recommended.
If they had eggs benedict on the menu I would have been doing an impression of Rik Waller in a pie shop, all over it like a tramp on chips, unfortunately it wasn't on today. Had a very nice sausage, onion and English mustard Ciabatta :thumbsup:

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
I’ve not heard of Lanes until I opened this thread, is it new?
It used to be the homewares shop - it’s on the road off Broad Street - been there a little while now. Highly recommended.

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
If they had eggs benedict on the menu I would have been doing an impression of Rik Waller in a pie shop, all over it like a tramp on chips, unfortunately it wasn't on today. Had a very nice sausage, onion and English mustard Ciabatta :thumbsup:
I’ll have to try it, one of my favourite sandwiches. Also recommend their kippers - very good portion and delicious.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here