Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Schools 4 Climate Action - great turn out in Brighton

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Brilliant to see so many youngsters being politically engaged and taking an interest in their future (and a bunk off school...).

They are being left with a tough legacy of a decade of austerity, a political transformation in our relationship with our neighbours, antipathy toward the real challenges facing the planet. As Peter Kay would say, they are the future. :)

So well done the protestors across the country.:clap2:

Jesus Gul

Feb 23, 2004
My eldest suggested he was going until I reminded him he left the bathroom light and fan on all day after his morning shower yesterday

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Impressive indeed, would be more impressive if they did it on a Saturday instead of missing out on a days vital education.

Probably deliberately chosen for the last day before half term tho eh? Well played the young 'uns, and hopefully good news for when they reach voting age and don't just vote for blinkered self-interest :clap2:

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Becoming politically/socially active is much more valuable than a day at school. Not surprised to see Number 10 condemn the action in the slightest.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Hopefully they will pick up litter while they are there, and not buy coke, burgers, etc and anything wrapped in plastic. And of course walk there and back.

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014
Hopefully they will pick up litter while they are there, and not buy coke, burgers, etc and anything wrapped in plastic

And stop putting their feet up on train/tube seats so that they have to be re-covered every bloody two months.

The Gem

Oct 17, 2008
Brilliant to see so many youngsters being politically engaged and taking an interest in their future (and a bunk off school...).

They are being left with a tough legacy of a decade of austerity, a political transformation in our relationship with our neighbours, antipathy toward the real challenges facing the planet. As Peter Kay would say, they are the future. :)

Come on really, will these be the same kids that get mummy and daddy to drop them off in their gas guzzling 4x4's.

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
Come on really, will these be the same kids that get mummy and daddy to drop them off in their gas guzzling 4x4's.

because of course that's what kids do

Ffs

Jimmehh

Mar 21, 2016
Sussex by the Sea
Hopefully they will pick up litter while they are there, and not buy coke, burgers, etc and anything wrapped in plastic. And of course walk there and back.

Unfortuntately not - whilst on my lunch I took a jolly down to London Rd McDonalds (Bite me - wanted a treat) and it was FULL of them...

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Brilliant turnout - highly impressive.

Those who scrape then 'these kids are just bunking off' or 'this should have been done on a Saturday' or 'Mummy and Daddy will collect them later in their gas-guzzling cars' barrel have absolutely no idea as to what they're on about. Taking a day off school is obviously directly comparable to the future well-being of the planet. :facepalm:

Maximum exposure, and hopefully maximum effect.

stewart12

Jan 16, 2019
good on them. Due to the laziness and ignorance of their parents and grandparents generations, these kids are going to grow up with no choice but to address environmental issues.

Much more important than learning say, basic French isn't it

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot

I remember there being some protests up in London when I was a kid. We all bunked off and went up there.

None of us really knew what it was about but it was a chance for a day off and a laugh with loads of our mates. Unfortunately I would assume that the number of people doing this far outweighs those that are politically engaged

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

How do you think they got to the rally!! :lol:

oneillco

Feb 13, 2013
My eldest suggested he was going until I reminded him he left the bathroom light and fan on all day after his morning shower yesterday

Yes that drives me mad; that and leaving windows open all day to trick the central heating to stay on...

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
What has happened to the Truant officers why aren't they out rounding up all these school children who have bunked off school. No doubt the parents will also be receiving fines in the post next week as they failed to ensure that their children were at school.

It should also be mentioned that the Swedish child that has boycotted her school on every Friday to protest about climate change and is effectively leading this campaign, has been basing her campaign on false information, and the UK children have failed to pick up on this, and no doubt just see it as a day off school.

A bit like snow days in America, we need strike days added to the school year, so that every child that has missed school today gets a day added to their summer term

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Sunny weather, quite mild and a Friday, good day for bunking off... plus an excellent opportunity for getting social media virtue signalling points.

A1X

NSC Patreon
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Impressive indeed, would be more impressive if they did it on a Saturday instead of missing out on a days vital education.

Yeah the afternoon of the Friday before a holiday was always when I found schooling to be at it's most intense.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here