Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Save Badgers Tennis Club

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
I am not a member but have been a few times to watch friends/family play at Badgers Tennis Club. Therefore I was gutted to read the article that Badgers are in the brink of being evicted with the Site proposed to be redeveloped for housing. At this stage I doubt there is much that can be done to stop the eviction, with any hope resting on the Council refusing any subsequent applications for housing development.

However I think Badgers needs a show of support and therefore leave a link to the petition below. It's absolutely horrible to think that a brilliant leisure facility run by a lovely warm club in one of the most deprived parts of the City will close so that one rich family (owners of Kamsons Pharmacy) can become even richer.

I mean we have all been there before!

The landlords of Badgers Tennis Club in Kemptown, Brighton, who are members of the Chotai family who also own Kamsons Pharmacy chain, have served notice of eviction requiring the Club to leave their site by the 3rd September. For over 130 years the club has provided sports and social facilities for local people, reaching out to all sections of the community with a special emphasis on young players. The club today is thriving and has been listed by the Council as an Asset of Community Value and its closure will be a huge loss to the community.

The Kamsons Pharmacy chain operates throughout Sussex. Each pharmacy actively partakes in promoting healthy living advice, including advice on physical activity to their patients.

Please help us urge Bharat and Bipin Chotai, to change their mind and secure the future of a club that helps people to follow their advice.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here