Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Sardar Azmoun

teammelli

Jul 25, 2018
We need a striker to score goals consistently, or at least enough scoring power to draw off defenders and free others.

Wouldn’t dare have made the suggestion before Ali J started showing his strengths but there is an Iranian playing for Zenit St Petersburg who is fantastic, probably will end up as one of our great national team players. Yes that’s right, I’m suggesting TWO Iranians in BHA. Prolific scorer for his club and country; 16 goals in 30 games over the past two years for Zenit, 32 in 50 for Iran. Has scored in Champions League against clubs like Bayern Munich, Atletico Madrid, Lyon, Benfica. Works REALLY well up front when paired with another striker (Mehdi Taremi in Iran team, Artem Dzyuba in Zenit). Won’t be cheap (am thinking $16-24mill) but thinking about him paired with Maupay up front gives me the jiggly wiggly feels.

He and Ali J are also good friends and he’s a relaxed guy so would probably fit into the club culture well.

Figured I’d try...

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
It's a long time since I've had the full jiggly wiggly feels.

If he's good enough for Roger, then he's good enough for me.

Make it happen Tony!

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I like the sound of him.

Assuming he'd get a work permit, sign him up !

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
We need a striker to score goals consistently, or at least enough scoring power to draw off defenders and free others.

Wouldn’t dare have made the suggestion before Ali J started showing his strengths but there is an Iranian playing for Zenit St Petersburg who is fantastic, probably will end up as one of our great national team players. Yes that’s right, I’m suggesting TWO Iranians in BHA. Prolific scorer for his club and country; 16 goals in 30 games over the past two years for Zenit, 32 in 50 for Iran. Has scored in Champions League against clubs like Bayern Munich, Atletico Madrid, Lyon, Benfica. Works REALLY well up front when paired with another striker (Mehdi Taremi in Iran team, Artem Dzyuba in Zenit). Won’t be cheap (am thinking $16-24mill) but thinking about him paired with Maupay up front gives me the jiggly wiggly feels.

He and Ali J are also good friends and he’s a relaxed guy so would probably fit into the club culture well.

Figured I’d try...

Gave you a thumbs up based purely on the use of the phrase "jiggly wiggly feels".

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Sardar Azmoun ?

I thought that was a 1970s Manhattan Transfer track.

Wouldn't have any trouble finding him a song.

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
According to the player, Liverpool were sniffing around. He hopes to play for a top European club though.

I think we'd be looking out our price range.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
According to the player, Liverpool were sniffing around. He hopes to play for a top European club though.

I think we'd be looking out our price range.

Three weeks ago Palace submitted an offer of 20 million euros and the bid was rejected. True story, can any Palace lurkers confirm this?

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Three weeks ago Palace submitted an offer of 20 million euros and the bid was rejected. True story, can any Palace lurkers confirm this?

It was reported in the Iranian and Russian media. They said e30million. Obviously no-one knows the real price.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
This thread is USELESS without a showreel and a wag (or hab) pic. FFS! I'm surprised [MENTION=435]Stat Brother[/MENTION] hasn't been all over this thread with his scorn already :shrug:

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Some gigantic balls he has.

On Instagram:
"Because of the rules from the national team, we are not allowed to say anything, but I can no longer tolerate silence. If they want to kick me out of the team, that's the sacrifice I'm willing to make for the women of Iran. This post will not be deleted under any circumstances! Shame on you for the ease with which you kill people! Long live the women of Iran!"

Algernon

Sep 9, 2012
Newmarket.
Some gigantic balls he has.
On Instagram:
"Because of the rules from the national team, we are not allowed to say anything, but I can no longer tolerate silence. If they want to kick me out of the team, that's the sacrifice I'm willing to make for the women of Iran. This post will not be deleted under any circumstances! Shame on you for the ease with which you kill people! Long live the women of Iran!"

Absolutely! Fair play to him.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
If he turns out anywhere near as successful at Brighton as Ali J .......... oh.

Some gigantic balls he has.On Instagram:
Fair play to him for making this stand though.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here