Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Sanchez is a very lucky boy

Doonhamer7

Jun 17, 2016
Just got back home and watched Sanchez ‘tackle’ on Diaz - at best you’d say clumsy but I still don’t see how he wasn’t sent off. Maybe goal being scored saved him. Otherwise we’d have been down to 10 and missing Sanchez for ? how many games for second red of season.

birthofanorange

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2011
David Gilmour's armpit
Just got back home and watched Sanchez ‘tackle’ on Diaz - at best you’d say clumsy but I still don’t see how he wasn’t sent off. Maybe goal being scored saved him. Otherwise we’d have been down to 10 and missing Sanchez for ? how many games for second red of season.

And not even a yellow card - extraordinary, having viewed the incident a dozen times.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
It was a very brave header by Diaz, never once took his eye off the ball even though he knew it was going to earn him a clattering. Did look a bit wild and high by Sanchez in real time

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
A mild version of the 1982 Harald Schumacher assault on Battiston.

What Sanchez did today has been a straight red anywhere on the pitch for c.15 years.

Astonishing decision.

I wonder if the officials wrongly felt that the goal had punished us enough?

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
I don’t think it’s the first time Sanchez has had a “moment”. In a way I was sorry he wasn’t sent off because if he might think he can get away with that type of challenge again. It really was poor, reckless and dangerous.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

Red would have been a four match ban. Three for ‘endangering an opponent’ plus an extra one due to having had an earlier red this season.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Thought it looked like a red in real time (I sit almost directly in line). Watching it back, still looks very much like a red, baffling from VAR again.

andys320

Jan 10, 2014
A blatant red card, like the rest of the team Sanchez seems low on confidence at the moment.

Hard to see where things are going to pick up now, but it wouldn't surprise me if we nick a flukey goal somewhere and start playing more fluently against Spurs. Really just needs a goal off someones butt and confidence floods back.

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
Goalie runs out, star jumps. Attacker runs in dips his head to reach the ball and wallop. A coming together.
No foul. Usual twaddle from hoddle about...well, everything really. I've watched it over a few times and I say this begrudgingly. Dean got it right(and, spit, the penalty)

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
Sheer incompetence from Dean. As per the laws of the game he should have been off regardless to the ball going in (and the goal would stand). Sanchez is a very lucky boy indeed. He needs to buckle up his ideas.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here