Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Saints heading south very fast

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
All teams have been rotating, they still started with 8 or so regular starters against MU. Not sure what your point is? I’m not saying they haven’t had injuries or suspensions, I’m saying most teams have and are having to deal with it.

They weren’t rotating, they ran out of options. Their bench was almost entirely u23. The point is simple. They were down to the bare bones and more so than most sides but they will get stronger as their players return.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
They weren’t rotating, they ran out of options. Their bench was almost entirely u23. The point is simple. They were down to the bare bones and more so than most sides but they will get stronger as their players return.

Because they have a very thin squad which is a problem of their own making, their injuries have been no worse than other clubs in the division this season.

Injuries were always going to be a factor during this rather strange and congested season and teams like Southampton and Wolves who rely on a regular starting 11 because the back ups are not strong, are going to struggle. I wouldn't be so sure they will be improving any time soon either, the players they have out at the moment are not due back for a while and the way they play with a high intensity press will probably mean more injuries as they get more fatigued as the season goes on.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
Because they have a very thin squad which is a problem of their own making, their injuries have been no worse than other clubs in the division this season.

Injuries were always going to be a factor during this rather strange and congested season and teams like Southampton and Wolves who rely on a regular starting 11 because the back ups are not strong, are going to struggle. I wouldn't be so sure they will be improving any time soon either, the players they have out at the moment are not due back for a while and the way they play with a high intensity press will probably mean more injuries as they get more fatigued as the season goes on.

Less games now though. Vestergaard back too. The only good thing is they are still in the cup. They will turn it around.

KeegansHairPiece

Jan 28, 2016
Less games now though. Vestergaard back too. The only good thing is they are still in the cup. They will turn it around.

By the same token and logic then, we have nothing to turn around. We are 13 points from 9 games with players coming back. Absolutely no worries for us if that is the logic for Southampton. :thumbsup:

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Due to play us soon, and we never, ever turn these sorts of runs around for teams.

Never.

Not happened ever.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here