Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Safe Standing Survey...

The Sock of Poskett

The best is yet to come (spoiler alert)
Jun 12, 2009
Safe standing definitely does contribute to the atmosphere. You have to make a conscious decision to be in a safe standing area and it allows those who want to stand and bellow out songs to congregate. At the moment as we all know the singers in the North Stand are in several different groups interspersed by grandads, grandads and families. This results in uncoordinated singing.
Oi - lots of grandads among the enthusiastic singers, I'll have you know ;)

faoileán

Jan 29, 2021
Oi - lots of grandads among the enthusiastic singers, I'll have you know ;)
Ha! Fair enough; I'm in the same bracket as you, but there are plenty of others who resolutely sit there and don't contribute. You know they would be much happier sitting in a block where people didn't stand in front of them to bellow "ALBION...ALBION..."

The Sock of Poskett

The best is yet to come (spoiler alert)
Jun 12, 2009
Ha! Fair enough; I'm in the same bracket as you, but there are plenty of others who resolutely sit there and don't contribute. You know they would be much happier sitting in a block where people didn't stand in front of them to bellow "ALBION...ALBION..."
True enough. Mind you, plenty of younger fans around us who seem more interested in their phones and nattering to each other than getting behind the team :rolleyes:

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
And they might hurt themselves. Or others. That's why safe standing will introduce a system whereby there is a decent rail that people can hold on to.
The only valid (?) argument clubs might have against it is the cost (which, TBH, in PL finance terms is just a bit of pissing in the wind).
There are tacit standing areas in every ground - stewards are powerless (and know their limitations!) in most cases. Just make those standing fans safer. Rocket science it ain't!
Have you actually stood in a safe standing area?

Terry Butcher Tribute Act

Aug 18, 2013
I note from Sussex Live that apparently there wasn't the demand for Safe Standing and the results are published in the programme- anyone care to share the results please?

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Have you actually stood in a safe standing area?
No (and have you?) but I've spent many happy hours leaning on one of the barriers on the terraces, which gives me pretty expert knowledge of what standing leaning on a rail in a safe standing area would feel like.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here