Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Ryan

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
What’s worrying though is that he has made more saves than any other keeper.
What does this say for our defending.
Thanks god we have Matty between the sticks.

I'd like to think that'll even out when everybody else has been to Liverpool, City et al.

D

Deleted member 2719

He makes the saves. He now claims crosses. He passes into midfield when being closed down at the last minute like the ultimate adrenaline junkie.

Best keeper we've ever had

He is another player that Potter and his team have improved immensely, maybe Potter could make me a pro???

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
He is another player that Potter and his team have improved immensely, maybe Potter could make me a pro???
Or maybe the players aren't as bad as the supporters of them would have you believe.

D

Deleted member 2719

Or maybe the players aren't as bad as the supporters of them would have you believe.

You know me Stat, I am my own man I wouldn't believe in anything just from influence.

I have never felt he was bad, but I did want to see him claiming the ball more and that appears to be a tool he is happy to use now.

Mr Cleansheets

Jun 7, 2017
I disagree with the few of you suggesting Ryan doesn't have much ability with his feet. I've watched him since his early days at Central Coast, and every game for Australia, he's always been superb with his feet, plays like an extra sweeper.

He must have been under strict instructions to hoof it long last year because that's never been his natural game. Very good passer of the ball.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
I disagree with the few of you suggesting Ryan doesn't have much ability with his feet. I've watched him since his early days at Central Coast, and every game for Australia, he's always been superb with his feet, plays like an extra sweeper.

He must have been under strict instructions to hoof it long last year because that's never been his natural game. Very good passer of the ball.

He’s competent and reliable with the ball at his feet. That’s all that’s needed.

Tiptop24

Jan 23, 2007
Chicago, USA
The transformation of Maty Ryan this year has been noticeable, as has the change in many other players performance.

Last season, his save in the second half with his left hand ***probably*** would have gone in, such was his save percentage to shots on target. This year, he really has stepped up and made many saves that made me a fan of his during his first season with us.

A really solid keeper who compliments the playing style with his range of passing and shot stopping ability. Let the big guys head away corners ;)

Stumpy Tim

Maty is one of the best shot stoppers in the Premier League, and our new style actually helps him in this regard. Last season we would have lots of players in the box ahead of him, which made it harder as deflections are a bigger risk, and he was unsighted more. These days, we are far less likely to have players in the way and he can make his saves.

If you want a keeper to command his area by coming off his line and taking every cross I don´t think Maty is your keeper. If you want a shot stopper who is good with 1-on-1´s, then Maty is one of the best in the business

Keep on running

Nov 16, 2019

Another Aussie here. Mr Cleansheets is 100% correct, he is absolutely brilliant with his feet.

The style of football Brighton are playing at the moment is very similar to what Australia played under former manager Ange Postecoglou who has just won the J League with Yokohama by the way.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here