Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Russell bishop

m@goo

Feb 20, 2020
Thread sits uneasy with me. Wouldn’t wish death on anyone personally - just find it all a bit morbid. And the fact cancer is involved and people wishing slow & painful etc. Sorry, too honest.

Ps he’s a complete and utter scumbag lying murdering **** don’t get me wrong.

As one eloquent and thoughtful facebooker wrote: "calmer is a bitch!"

For me, being found guilty and handed a life sentence is karma.

Muzzman

Pocket Rocket
NSC Patron
Jul 8, 2003
Here and There
I know posting will send this thread back to the top, but I'm of the mind to ignore the CJTC, he doesn't need our attention. Ignoring someone's existence is the worst thing we can do to someone that egotistical IMHO.

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
With the tragic and horrific events in Essex today and Bishop’s impending demise do you think any government will ever hold a capital punishment referendum?

Sir Peter Bottomley told me years ago, it’s the poll that they really fear, both Conservatives and Labour even the Lib Dem’s, as it will almost certainly get the result they don’t want from the electorate.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
With the tragic and horrific events in Essex today and Bishop’s impending demise do you think any government will ever hold a capital punishment referendum?

Sir Peter Bottomley told me years ago, it’s the poll that they really fear, both Conservatives and Labour even the Lib Dem’s, as it will almost certainly get the result they don’t want from the electorate.

Maybe there is a case in very extreme circumstances but capital punishment is a knee jerk reaction, I think most people in this country are appalled by the fact the a country like America has a death row and executions.
Anyway they only need to show The Green Mile just before the vote and that should do the trick.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Thread sits uneasy with me. Wouldn’t wish death on anyone personally - just find it all a bit morbid. And the fact cancer is involved and people wishing slow & painful etc. Sorry, too honest.

Ps he’s a complete and utter scumbag lying murdering **** don’t get me wrong.

I agree.

Gloating over anyone's death....is at one end of a spectrum. I find it morbid too. At the other end of the spectrum we have people looking for 'reasons' to 'explain' why a marmite MP is murdered.

We need to use our heads over all these horrible things. Not descend to being what we can be some times, the worst of all the animals.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

Maybe there is a case in very extreme circumstances but capital punishment is a knee jerk reaction, I think most people in this country are appalled by the fact the a country like America has a death row and executions.
Anyway they only need to show The Green Mile just before the vote and that should do the trick.

But equally if there happened to be a high profile and shocking murder a few days before the vote was due that would skew the vote the other way. And people do tend to ask the question in the immediate aftermath of such things, rather than at a point of calm.

If the reports emerging of the arrested man today being Somali, and therefore likely Muslim, are true, then there is the uncomfortable but true fact that many who are radicalised are in that state because they want to be a martyr (and get the virgins in heaven etc etc). The death penalty is unlikely to put off such people - in fact it would only encourage them.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill

Our political system is not about referendums. Historically, we have only ever had 3. Government should not based on referendums as the likelihood is that the results can be manipulated by social media.

Can't understand why anyone thinks capital punishment is a good thing?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here