Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Who do you want to become our new manager?

Who will become our next manager?

• Graham Potter

Votes: 102 15.5%
  • Kieran McKenna

Votes: 161 24.5%
  • Rob Edwards

Votes: 38 5.8%
  • Vincent Kompany

Votes: 42 6.4%
  • Steve Cooper

Votes: 15 2.3%
  • Kjetil Knutsen

Votes: 53 8.1%
  • Liam Rosenior

Votes: 25 3.8%
  • Adam Lallana

Votes: 6 0.9%
  • Gareth Southgate

Votes: 3 0.5%
  • Sami Hyypia

Votes: 14 2.1%
  • Mark McGhee

Votes: 16 2.4%
  • Micky Adams

Votes: 16 2.4%
  • Other (please state)

Votes: 166 25.3%

• Total voters

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Discover No Way GIF by ADWEEK

Coldwaltham Seagull

Mar 8, 2024
I have had a feeling all along that we are going to end up with Russel Martin. I'm sure he's a nice guy and a capable manager but it would be a very disappointing appointment in my opinion. The other candidates all seem to be in talks with other clubs. McKenna with Chelsea, Kompany with Bayern and Farioli with Ajax.

I personally hope it's McKenna but I think he's going to end up elsewhere.

I know there's a lot of reasons why not, but I'd like to see us make a move for Thomas Frank. He's been at Brentford for a long time. I know Bloom and their Chairman hate each other though.
So to summarise.... you hope its McKenna, you also want us make a move for Frank on the basis that *checks notes* he's been at Brentford a long time (wonderful hiring logic), but you have a feeling it'll be Martin. Think this sums up how a lot of us are feeling at the moment. A bit confused.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
I wonder if Bloom is looking to wait until after the Euros to tempt Southgate here - not that I am a fan but he might be the sort of bloke he is after and he does hail from this area.
Yeah great idea.

Can't think of anyone better than an ex Palace captain who got relegated and failed with Boro before becoming the pliant yes man the FA craved.

Shame he has no tactical abilities, but apart from that excellent

rebel51

Jan 4, 2021
West sussex
I have had a feeling all along that we are going to end up with Russel Martin. I'm sure he's a nice guy and a capable manager but it would be a very disappointing appointment in my opinion. The other candidates all seem to be in talks with other clubs. McKenna with Chelsea, Kompany with Bayern and Farioli with Ajax.

I personally hope it's McKenna but I think he's going to end up elsewhere.
He has got a swagger about him, and likes wearing black a lot. Sign him up

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Yeah great idea.

Can't think of anyone better than an ex Palace captain who got relegated and failed with Boro before becoming the pliant yes man the FA craved.

Shame he has no tactical abilities, but apart from that excellent

giphy.gif

Coldwaltham Seagull

Mar 8, 2024
Right so I've asked AI to help us out here and identify a few candidates based on the following criteria. This is in no way my own personal opinion but interesting all the same:

Manager Criteria

1. **Attacking Style of Football:**
- The new manager should have a proven record of implementing an attacking, possession-based style of play.

2. **Developing Young Players:**
- Experience in nurturing and integrating young talent into the first team is crucial.

3. **Experience in European Competitions:**
- The candidate should have a background in qualifying for and/or managing teams in European competitions (Champions League, Europa League, or Conference League).

Potential Candidates

1. **Graham Potter**
- Background: Former manager of Brighton & Hove Albion, known for his progressive and attacking football philosophy.
- Youth Development: Successfully integrated young players during his tenure at Brighton and previous clubs.
- European Experience: While his experience in Europe is limited, his tactical acumen and previous success at Brighton could make him a strong candidate for a return.

2. **Luciano Spalletti**
- Background: Experienced Italian manager who recently led Napoli to success.
- Playing Style: Known for an attacking style of play and tactical flexibility.
- Youth Development: Has a history of developing young talent at various clubs.
- European Experience: Extensive experience managing in the Champions League and Europa League.

3. Julian Nagelsmann
- Background: Young German manager with a reputation for innovative and attacking football.
- Youth Development: Excellent track record of developing young players at Hoffenheim, RB Leipzig, and Bayern Munich.
- European Experience: Managed teams in the Champions League with notable success.

4. Marcelo Gallardo
- Background: Former River Plate manager, known for his dynamic and attacking football.
- Youth Development: Successfully promoted and developed young players at River Plate.
- European Experience: While most of his success has been in South America, his tactical approach could translate well to European competitions.

5. Roberto De Zerbi- bit awkward
- Background: Italian manager known for his time at Sassuolo and Shakhtar Donetsk, implementing an attractive, attacking style.
- Youth Development: Good record of working with and improving young players.
- European Experience: Experience managing in the Europa League and Champions League qualifiers.

Recommendation

Based on the criteria, Julian Nagelsmann stands out as the top candidate. His modern approach to football, proven ability to develop young talent, and significant experience in European competitions make him a strong fit for Brighton & Hove Albion's ambitions. He is known for his tactical flexibility and innovative strategies, which align well with Brighton's attacking philosophy and long-term vision.

venkuk

May 15, 2023
So to summarise.... you hope its McKenna, you also want us make a move for Frank on the basis that *checks notes* he's been at Brentford a long time (wonderful hiring logic), but you have a feeling it'll be Martin. Think this sums up how a lot of us are feeling at the moment. A bit confused.
I hope it's McKenna but I said it's unlikely due to him being in talks with Chelsea. So I hope it's Frank. He's been at Brentford a long time so might feel that the time is right for a change But I have a nasty feeling it's going to be Martin. Thanks for analysis but don't think it's that confusing.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
What's the consensus amongst Soton fans?
My football and cricket teams contain LOTS of Saints fans. From scanning their FB posts around the games, I can answer this, one:

At the start of the season they ALL hated him, and his fannying about at the back.

Then they went on that massive unbeaten run, and they ALL loved him. It was the BEST TIME EVER to be a Saints fan.

Then they bottled automatic promotion, and they ALL hated him, and his stubborn tactical inflexibilty, and his persistence with SHIT favourites.

Then last week in the play-off semi they smashed West Brom, in what was the BEST NIGHT AT St.MARYs EVER! and they ALL love him again.

Tune in Sunday afternoon, to find out the definitive answer on whether he is SHIT or a GENIUS. There is no in-between.

(Spoiler - he's shit)

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London

Durlston

"Southgate, you're the one!"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Leeds will wipe the floor with Southampton in the Championship play-off final on Sunday because Saints backline won't be able to cope with Gnonto, Rutter, Summerville and Piroe amongst many others. They play too open and are susceptible on set-pieces with more goals conceded than other top sides.

He'd jump at the chance of a move to the Premier League but he's achieved nothing yet. It would be a huge step backwards. No thanks.

Hiheidi

Dec 27, 2022
4. Marcelo Gallardo
- Background: Former River Plate manager, known for his dynamic and attacking football.
- Youth Development: Successfully promoted and developed young players at River Plate.
- European Experience: While most of his success has been in South America, his tactical approach could translate well to European competitions.

Open to a new chapter....

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Leeds will wipe the floor with Southampton in the Championship play-off final on Sunday because Saints backline won't be able to cope with Gnonto, Rutter, Summerville and Piroe amongst many others. They play too open and are susceptible on set-pieces with more goals conceded than other top sides.

He'd jump at the chance of a move to the Premier League but he's achieved nothing yet. It would be a huge step backwards. No thanks.
Well we my actually share one thing in common with Chelsea fans after all.

They'll be up in arms and protesting over McKenna, We'll be up in arms and protesting over Martin!

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
My football and cricket teams contain LOTS of Saints fans. From scanning their FB posts around the games, I can answer this, one:

At the start of the season they ALL hated him, and his fannying about at the back.

Then they went on that massive unbeaten run, and they ALL loved him. It was the BEST TIME EVER to be a Saints fan.

Then they bottled automatic promotion, and they ALL hated him, and his stubborn tactical inflexibilty, and his persistence with SHIT favourites.

Then last week in the play-off semi they smashed West Brom, in what was the BEST NIGHT AT St.MARYs EVER! and they ALL love him again.

Tune in Sunday afternoon, to find out the definitive answer on whether he is SHIT or a GENIUS. There is no in-between.

(Spoiler - he's shit)
Brilliant

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here