Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Rudiger Red?

Jimmehh

Mar 21, 2016
Sussex by the Sea
Just saw this on Sky Sports: https://www.skysports.com/football/...oul-on-christian-pulisic-during-brighton-draw

I've never seen Gallagher's answers questioned like this (reported questions the two Chelsea calls, both which were correct, but not the Rudiger one, the only one actually worth talking about), so it was pretty clear the person asking the question was a bitter Chelsea fan. Quelle surprise, he is a Chelsea fan who 'appeared on their club DVD' whatever that means. A journalist or broadcaster who is incapable of hiding their bias isn't a very good one, as we saw last night. Pathetic really.

Tommy Tw at and co have done a great job of forming this media narrative that they were somehow hard done by rather than outplayed for the majority of the game before getting what they deserved.

I was watching Sky Sports News at the time, and honestly it was the most cringeworthy piece I think I’ve ever seen…

Reporter just sat there and questioned their ‘expert’ on everything he said, and seemed to be in a huff when it was against Chelsea. No surprise he’s a Chelsea fan then.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
My bad, I didn't copy the unsporting behaviour section... the bolded out offence must be how Mr Dean interpreted Rudiger's challenge - and not as this!

Serious foul play
A tackle or challenge that endangers the safety of an opponent or uses excessive force or brutality must be sanctioned as serious foul play.

Any player who lunges at an opponent in challenging for the ball from the front, from the side or from behind using one or both legs, with excessive force or endangers the safety of an opponent is guilty of serious foul play.

reconsider the above if citeh, utd, pool, chelski,spuds or arse are involved.

The Optimist

NSC Patron
Apr 6, 2008
Lewisham
My bad, I didn't copy the unsporting behaviour section... the bolded out offence must be how Mr Dean interpreted Rudiger's challenge - and not as this!

Serious foul play
A tackle or challenge that endangers the safety of an opponent or uses excessive force or brutality must be sanctioned as serious foul play.

Any player who lunges at an opponent in challenging for the ball from the front, from the side or from behind using one or both legs, with excessive force or endangers the safety of an opponent is guilty of serious foul play.

How can Rudiger’s challenge not be considered excessive force?

Fat Boy Fat

Aug 21, 2020
I wonder what the verdict would have been if that had been Maupay making that challenge, actually, no I don't wonder, I know what the outcome would have been!

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton
What saved him for me was that he didn't slide into the player but ahead of him. Then Tariq goes over his legs. Not endangering the safety of an opponent .

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here