Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Royal Match

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
For the last few months I keep getting adverts for Royal Match featuring some TV star or another. Initially I thought they were fake but now Simon Cowel and other UK stars have started with the ads on TV. Firstly, I'm fed up with the adverts which always use the same script and secondly how much are they spending on these ads?

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Didn’t Simon Cowell used to be one of the richest celebrities in the uk? How the mighty fall, unless they offered him a stupid amount of money.

I’ve seen Simon Cowell, Dermot O’Leary, Take That & even David Hasselhoff… bizarre.

Bridcutt

Aug 10, 2011
It's actually just an amazing game, I play it all the time and you don't need internet to play it! It has no adverts and it's just fantastic

*disclaimer I have been paid £30484728 per post to say this and I have never played it in my life*

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Their adverts are everywhere, aren't they?

They seem to come in two flavours...

1. Selfie-style. I assume the celebs are on Cameo, or a similar service, where you can pay a celeb for a personal message. It's actually quite clever that they've used this to get some relatively big names plugging their game for quite a small outlay. Patrick Adams crops up a lot, as well as the likes of Ben Feldman and even Tony Adams. Yes, that Tony Adams. He's on Cameo, but currently unavailable...

2. Staged. Professionally staged and shot and feature the likes of Simon Cowell and, I noticed this week, Rylan Clark.

A couple of other apps seem to have big budgets for this kind of thing. I've seen a Coinmaster ad with Jennifer Lopez.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009

1. Selfie-style. I assume the celebs are on Cameo, or a similar service, where you can pay a celeb for a personal message. It's actually quite clever that they've used this to get some relatively big names plugging their game for quite a small outlay. Patrick Adams crops up a lot, as well as the likes of Ben Feldman and even Tony Adams. Yes, that Tony Adams. He's on Cameo, but currently unavailable...

2. Staged. Professionally staged and shot and feature the likes of Simon Cowell and, I noticed this week, Rylan Clark.

A couple of other apps seem to have big budgets for this kind of thing. I've seen a Coinmaster ad with Jennifer Lopez.
Do games like Royal Match and coin master actually make money? I mean obviously they do, but it’s always amazed me that people pay money on these games, they design specially hard levels to force people to buy ‘boosts’ etc to beat them.

That being said I’ve never heard of anyone actually paying to play a game like candy crush or royal match so how do they make so much money?

Unpaid players watching adverts?

marcos3263

Oct 29, 2009
Fishersgate and Proud
never understood why celebrities do adverts - George Clooney doesn't need the money he gets from Nespresso and it doesn't make him look cool or enhance his brand. same with Robert De Niro doing Kia adverts - dreadful - he already has a legacy and money - why do it???
I understand its easy money for a few hours but still. nonsence.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I quite enjoy the little videos that play whilst I'm playing other games, particularly the bit when the fat privileged King dies from fire, water, acid or some other peril.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003

Rylan Clark you say? I always think that fellow deserves to be on our screens more

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
never understood why celebrities do adverts - George Clooney doesn't need the money he gets from Nespresso and it doesn't make him look cool or enhance his brand. same with Robert De Niro doing Kia adverts - dreadful - he already has a legacy and money - why do it???
I understand its easy money for a few hours but still. nonsence.
You would be astonished how much actors earn for TV ads. More than many of their movies - seriously. The old actor adage “two TV adverts a year and you’re made for life”.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Open the thread expecting to see news that we have drawn Royal Antwerp, but instead its about some phone game that some celebrities with teeth that are too white are promoting.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here