Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Humour] Roy Hudd - RIP

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Who died in bizarre fashion whilst trying to fix the tv aeriel on the roof of his house.

R.I.P. both Roy and Rod.

As did Tony Hayers. What was he doing on the bloody roof?

R.I.P Roy.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
RIP Roy Hudd, a mainstay of the tv and radio channels from my youth. I think when we lose Bernard Cribbins, God will have the full set.

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
Genesis P Orridge died over the weekend too

I didn't realise he was 70. Strange to think he was only 13 years younger than Hudd. Less than a generation between the two, but culturally so disparate.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
RIP Roy Hudd, a mainstay of the tv and radio channels from my youth. I think when we lose Bernard Cribbins, God will have the full set.

Barry Cryer needs to be up there to write the punchlines.......happily he’s still going strong at the moment

There’s a nice article on Beenard Cribbins in the Telegraph today incidentally

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
A very talented comedian, writer, and mimic. He did a great impersonation of Flanagan in Flanagan and Allen. He was also an expert on music hall.

As is my old class mate and bass player in the legendary 'Bruce', Neil Brand.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Barry Cryer needs to be up there to write the punchlines.......happily he’s still going strong at the moment

There’s a nice article on Beenard Cribbins in the Telegraph today incidentally

Jim Dale is also still alive ... but there aren't too many left from the 60s

Hudd was a fascinating bloke: he wrote an excellent book on Dan Leno and did so much to keep Max Miller's memory alive. What a wonderful and varied life he had

pearl

May 3, 2016
Behind My Eyes
I didn't realise he was 70. Strange to think he was only 13 years younger than Hudd. Less than a generation between the two, but culturally so disparate.

Same here, I thought he was early 60s. I remember seeing him around Brighton years back, he had baby face good looks with disturbingly attractive eyes

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here