Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Roy Hodgson's apoplectic half time talk

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
How many ways are there to say,

“Just give the ball to Zaha”?

You forgot the follow up to Zaha - Look not only are we live on TV, but there are scouts from Real Madrid, Bayern Munich, Liverpool and Manchester City in the stands, win us the game in the second half and you can get your big move

Hodgson to the board after the team have left the changing rooms - Put another £25k on Zaha's asking price, we may be getting some calls after the game.

Bombadier Botty

Complete Twaddle
Jun 2, 2008
The Leicester post match BBC report yesterday had a direct quote from Roy, in which he apparently said “When Ashley Barnes scored” (rather than Harvey). Either a BBC typo or senility from Roy.

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
Oh he does - I recall seeing an outtake of him berating a journo in which every other word was f**k, his voice was raised way above normal, his face had turned bright red, he was sweating profusely and his head was in danger of exploding. Not an attractive sight it has to be said - but he did lose it!!

That's old footage. He's too old for that now.

Standard terrible PR from the pissant club. He should have kept his mouth shut about that. He's conceded he can't motivate his own team.

Pulis back?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
It happens when needed.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/45965055

"The first half was nowhere near good enough and the gaffer has let us know that," said McBurnie.

"He's given us the harsh words we needed and you could see we were a different team in the second half.

"I can vouch that it was the angriest I have seen him.

"He doesn't usually go off like that at all since I've known him.

"But I remember speaking to [assistant manager] Billy Reid when they first came in and he told me he [Potter] is a nice guy, but watch when he does lose his head because he can go off.

"Now I believe what Billy said!

"It was nothing that was not deserved. There were a few harsh words that were needed at that time and they got the reaction he wanted.

"We could have scored a few more and if any of the boys would like to pass to me, that would be nice!"

I seem to recall read a story about Potter being unhappy about the effort one of his teams put in. He calmly brought them in for training and plonked himself in a deck chair while the team were made to run around and around and around a track. Some of them were chucking up. Potter just sat there telling them they were not done yet.

Evil, he is :lolol:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I can't understand why the policy of shouting and screaming at people, with perhaps threats of physical violence thrown in, seems to have lost favour.

Probably due to snowflake culture.

:lolol: :bowdown:

hoof hearted

Sep 14, 2019
Virtually every player's biggest fear is being subbed or dropped. It's the biggest tool in a managers kit. For instances of lack of effort, failing to follow game plan, an effective manager should fearlessly drop senior players, even at the risk of harming the team in the short term
Yeah, this is how Guardiola enforces his way of playing and gets the best out of his players. Famous example being subbing off Henry at HT, even though he had scored!

Quite a few Albion players are currently playing with too much complacency imo. They need to know a bad run of form, or even 1 bad game, could see them dropped. Obviously our bench isn't as deep as the top clubs, but there are players on the bench they should be given more minutes, at least if it's just to light a fire up the arse of some of the regular starters.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here