Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Rotation and our captain

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
It’s clear now that RDZ will use his full squad this season (and what a squad!) but it got me thinking when does he rotate Dunk?
Ironically of all the seasons for Dunk to finally be getting the international recognition he’s deserved for ages this is now probably the worst time for it to happen, the international breaks would have been useful to him and us this season. The same probably is true for Gross.
Dunky can’t play every match, so when is he rotated? Chelsea in the cup is the first obvious one I guess (but I REALLY want us to win that one!!)

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
I reckon centre backs need less rotation than midfielders as they won't cover anywhere near the same miles.

However Van Hecke has shown he can be a capable leader of the defence and i'm not letting one bad game convince me that Webby isn't a good player.

And I bet Julio comes in for the Chelsea game and plays really well

Left Footer

Sep 26, 2007
Shoreham
I said exactly the same thing the day of the Scotland game.
It`s ironic that when we want Dunk to be resting he`s selected for England and Gross also gets picked for Germany.

Would imagine Chelsea will see Webster and Igor Julio so will be first rest for both.
Don`t think we can afford to rest him against Bournemouth.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
I reckon centre backs need less rotation than midfielders as they won't cover anywhere near the same miles.

However Van Hecke has shown he can be a capable leader of the defence and i'm not letting one bad game convince me that Webby isn't a good player.

And I bet Julio comes in for the Chelsea game and plays really well

That's the dream. Igor has had a bit of time to bet acclimatised now so hopefully when called upon he proves more than ready and able.

I'll still be very anxious whenever I see a Dunkless 11 though.

seagully

Cock-knobs!
Jun 30, 2006
Battle
I think that despite the rotation policy Dunk (and probably Gross) will start the vast majority of games. They are both so key to de Zerbi's way of playing that they are almost irreplaceable

Left Footer

Sep 26, 2007
Shoreham
Don`t get me wrong it was great to see Dunk play and also play really well against Scotland.
Going to be interesting to see what Southgate does for next match but seems certain Dunk will be in squad.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012

HeaviestTed

I’m eating
NSC Patron
Mar 23, 2023
That's the dream. Igor has had a bit of time to bet acclimatised now so hopefully when called upon he proves more than ready and able.

I'll still be very anxious whenever I see a Dunkless 11 though.
It’s a bit of a dunkless task

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
RDZ will probably rest Dunk against Chelsea and play Steele in his place. He will have a blinder at centre back

Last edited:

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Igor, else we'll confuse him with Enciso!
Yes, wish the BBC would get that this is the name by which he is known here (along with Julio, of course). Insisting on calling him dos Santos de Paulo is no help to anyone, even though it is also part of his name.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Don`t get me wrong it was great to see Dunk play and also play really well against Scotland.
Going to be interesting to see what Southgate does for next match but seems certain Dunk will be in squad.

Dunk will be second name on the teamsheet after Bellingham, unless Southgate is a complete moron ???

dstanman

Jul 1, 2011
Dunk & Gross are the hardest to leave out of any game as they wiĺl want to play in every game. But as the season progresses and the volume of games (inc internationals) can see them coming off late in 2nd half if all going well

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here