Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] RIP Stuart 'Two Bags' Ashby

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
RIP shocked. I was only speaking to him seems like yesterday. Stuart behind the camera in 2013. Tamron 16-300 lens.

Amex 36026_n.jpg

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
More dreadful news. Another one us has gone!

South west gull

Nov 3, 2021
I knew Stuart from the old cow shed days at sussex.a true lover of Sussex the Albion Southend & real ale a true gentleman in every way.a sad day .rip Stuart

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

Al Bion

What's that in my dustbin
Sep 3, 2004
Up North
Will miss seeing Stuart at both the Albion and the County Ground. Most of all I will miss seeing his vast gallery of photos posted on Facebook, so many memories of matches gone by and players long forgotten as well as other snaps of the pubs he'd visited, random ceefax pages and other interesting stuff that I don't know how he ever found time to take and catalogue them all. I hope someone, somewhere might still have access to them as they really are a record of Albion days gone by. RIP Stuart.

South west gull

Nov 3, 2021
Will miss seeing Stuart at both the Albion and the County Ground. Most of all I will miss seeing his vast gallery of photos posted on Facebook, so many memories of matches gone by and players long forgotten as well as other snaps of the pubs he'd visited, random ceefax pages and other interesting stuff that I don't know how he ever found time to take and catalogue them all. I hope someone, somewhere might still have access to them as they really are a record of Albion days gone by. RIP Stuart.
Does anybody know the date & where Stuarts funeral will be held ?

Henfield One

Aug 5, 2003
Stuart's Funeral

Does anybody know the date & where Stuarts funeral will be held ?

In The Argus today :

Tuesday 14 December at 12.30pm - St. Mary de Haura Church, Shoreham to be followed by burial at Mill Lane Cemetery.

The wearing (of any) football club colours is welcome.

No flowers by request but donations to AitC via https;//stuartjamesashby.muchloved.com/

boik

I was chatting to my Dad who worked with Stuart at BR and Sealink (or whatever they were called at the time) and knew him well. Sounds like Dad liked and admired him a lot. I've met loads of my Dads colleagues but don't think I ever met Stuart. A shame as he sounds like a great chap and really interesting guy and I'm sure we would have had a lot to chat about. RIP Stuart

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
In The Argus today :

Tuesday 14 December at 12.30pm - St. Mary de Haura Church, Shoreham to be followed by burial at Mill Lane Cemetery.

The wearing (of any) football club colours is welcome.

No flowers by request but donations to AitC via https;//stuartjamesashby.muchloved.com/

Very good funeral with Sussex by the Sea and You'll Never walk Alone.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
Had the pleasure of chatting to him at the cricket a fair few times.

Smashing fella. Thoughts with his nearest and dearest at this sad time.

RIP Stuart.

erkan

Dec 9, 2004
Eastbourne
So glad that he was given a good send off, and l hope that the club were made aware of it too.
I'm sure they were - Sussex CCC were definitely represented today.

Excellent coffin decorated with photos of 6 BHAFC players on one side and 6 SCCC players on the other.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I'm sure they were - Sussex CCC were definitely represented today.

Excellent coffin decorated with photos of 6 BHAFC players on one side and 6 SCCC players on the other.

Was only sad that l wasn't able to attend. Having said that l sat and remembered him quietly at home.

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
One of those days in my 34 years as an FD that I got emotional.

He was just a thoroughly nice bloke, genuine, a pleasure to know.

In this shitty old world, the likes of Stuart Ashby are sadly few and far between.

RIP old mate ❤️

South west gull

Nov 3, 2021
One of those days in my 34 years as an FD that I got emotional.

He was just a thoroughly nice bloke, genuine, a pleasure to know.

In this shitty old world, the likes of Stuart Ashby are sadly few and far between.

RIP old mate [emoji3590]
Harty I echo all those words.we had a few Half's in the crabtree afterwards.stuart rest in peace.mouth

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here