Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] RIP Lionel Blair

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
He is no longer with us, so you know... You should always speak good of the dead. He’s dead. Good."
Copyright Lionel Blair

Barrow Boy

NSC Patron
Nov 2, 2007
GOSBTS
Back in the late 60's I was an apprentice ladies hairdresser in a large salon in Western Road and I used to shampoo the hair of Lionel's older sister Joyce. Lovely lady, she was a dancer as well (and a good tipper).

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
and who can forget him managing to pull off 12 angry men in under a minute!

Possibly the most versatile performer was Lionel Blair, and no one will ever forget the occasion he was given A Town Like Alice, when he chose to do a silent impression of the author. Such was the performance, Una Stubbs gasped in amazement when she saw Neville Shute in Lionel's face.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
During Countdown…….“When Lionel jumped up and showed his Passage to India to Una Stubbs.

Hornblower

Jul 7, 2003
Smashing bloke, very funny. I spent a wonderful drunken afternoon with him and Danny Baker in a hotel bar at Waterloo. he told us some fantastic Tommy Cooper stories. RIP Lionel.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Smashing bloke, very funny. I spent a wonderful drunken afternoon with him and Danny Baker in a hotel bar at Waterloo. he told us some fantastic Tommy Cooper stories. RIP Lionel.

One of my mum's friends had Tommy Cooper in his taxi. On arriving at the destination Copper paid up and stuffed a little something in the friend's jacket pocket with the line "Have a drink on me". It was a teabag.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
One of my mum's friends had Tommy Cooper in his taxi. On arriving at the destination Copper paid up and stuffed a little something in the friend's jacket pocket with the line "Have a drink on me". It was a teabag.

I'm unsure whether to laugh, or say the tight git.

On reflection probably the latter.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
On the subject of Give Us a Clue, I do like some of the spoofs by these guys. Silly but fun.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here