Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] RIP Don Everly

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
R.I.P Don.

Not my cup of coffee, my dad loved them and went to see them several times.
Wonder if the brothers made up before Phil died about 7 years ago ?
I know they hated each other in later life.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Some wonderful songs, beautiful harmonies with little brother Phil - songs that were great fun to play as well as listen to. RIP.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Influenced so many in terms of harmony and some great songs - Bye Bye Love, Wake Up Little Susie, Cathy's Clown....

RIP

Perfidious Albion

Oct 25, 2011
At the end of my tether
Sad news . Wonderful harmonies and hummable tunes. They were a big part of the backdrop to my youth. I saw them on a come back tour at Brighton Centre , I guess in the nineties.. they were excellent. ( remember they had a terrific tour band backing them too)

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
My Mum used to play their albums on repeat when I was a kid, so I ended up bloody hating them.

However, as I'm a lot older now, I can appreciate a good voice - so RIP Donald. Sorry for calling you all those names when I was eight years old. :whistle:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Cathy’s Clown was the first track I fell in love with. I tried to sing the tune, then tried the harmony. Another part of my youth gone.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Anyone remember a charity cricket match at the County Ground in the 70s when one of the brothers played? I can't remember if it was Don or Phil but, whichever it was, he looked suitably inept. Fair play though, he took it in good spirit.

They weren't my cup of tea but their harmonies were fabulous.

RIP

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here