Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] RIP Bray Wyatt

ElectricNaz

Jan 23, 2013
Hampshire
Three-time WWE world champion Bray Wyatt has died at the age of 36.

The wrestler had been dealing with an undisclosed health issue that had kept him out of the ring since February, but his death was characterised as sudden by his family.
The news was announced by WWE content officer Triple H, who posted on social media that Wyatt, real name Windham Rotunda, had "unexpectedly passed".
Dwayne Johnson, aka The Rock, was among those paying tribute to the star.

Writing on X, formerly Twitter, Johnson said he was "heartbroken" and had "always had tremendous respect and love" for the wrestler.
"Loved his presence, promos, in ring work and connection with @WWE universe," he wrote. "Very unique, cool and rare character, which is hard to create in our crazy world of pro wrestling."

WWE commentator Mick Foley added: "I thought so highly of Bray Wyatt... He was a true visionary; one of the most compelling presences that wrestling has ever seen."
Rotunda came from a family of wrestlers, including his grandfather Blackjack Mulligan, his father Mike Rotunda and his younger brother Bo Dallas.
Born in Brooksville, Florida on 23 May, 1987, Wyatt was a state wrestling champion in high school and earned a football scholarship to Troy University.
However, he left his course before graduating to become a professional wrestler, making his professional debut in 2009

He fought under several names including Husky Harris, Alex Rotunda, Duke Rotundo and The Fiend.

As Bray Wyatt, he portrayed the villainous leader of a cult faction named The Wyatt family with Erick Rowan, Braun Strowman, and the late Luke Harper (aka Brodie Lee).
After being released from WWE in 2021, he made a long-awaited comeback at the pay-per-view Extreme Rules event last October, where he debuted a new version of his character.

He had recently missed several months due to illness but was close to returning to the WWE before his death, according to Wrestling News.

1692948943441.png

ElectricNaz

Jan 23, 2013
Hampshire
RIP to one of the true visionaries of our time. Younger than me :( Creatively he was an absolute genius, could go in the ring, he could talk the talk, walk the walk. His Firefly Fun House skits were some of the best things WWE has done in the past few years.

stewart12

Jan 16, 2019
ah man, one of my favourites of the past era. He had so much more to give, what a shame

both the Wyatt Family and Fiend gimicks were some of the best stuff WWE has done creatively for yonks

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
One of the most creative wrestlers of the last 10 years. Could see he’d been around wrestling his whole life. The Fiend and the Wyatt Family gimmick drew from so many elements of other wrestlers that had gone before as well as the horror movie genre, he had so much more to give.

That’s two great wrestling minds lost in two days.

RIP Windham “Bray Wyatt” Rotunda.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
A bad couple of days for wrestling. First Terry Funk and now Bray.

I'd switched off from WWE by the time the Wyatt Family arrived but I caught a few of their matches on YouTube and Bray was really impressive. Their whole vibe filled that Undertaker shaped hole as time went on.

So young too. Very sad.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I was never really a fan of his gimmick, but did really enjoy his cinematic match with John Cena, and it's clear from all the comments of wrestlers he supported and worked with that he was one of the good guys.

While the article mentions his family, there may be some who don't recognise those names. His father, Mike Rotunda, may be more recogniseable to casual fans just skimming this thread as Irwin R Shysters, or IRS.

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
More sad news. Bad week for wrestling fans. RIP.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
I was never really a fan of his gimmick, but did really enjoy his cinematic match with John Cena, and it's clear from all the comments of wrestlers he supported and worked with that he was one of the good guys.

While the article mentions his family, there may be some who don't recognise those names. His father, Mike Rotunda, may be more recogniseable to casual fans just skimming this thread as Irwin R Shysters, or IRS.
Yeah he comes from a big wrestling family.

As well as his Dad, brother and grandad. He also has two maternal uncles who were famous wrestlers in Barry and Kendall Windham. His real first name is Windham after his mothers side of the family.

HangletonGull

Apr 10, 2023
You are kidding me, how sad hope his wife (jojo) and his kids are ok rip the fiend

Last edited:

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
RIP

Very sad, he was a talent and 36 is no age at all.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
For thos that didn't see smackdown

The above video is the whole opening segment, this is just the tribute video within that segment:

ElectricNaz

Jan 23, 2013
Hampshire
Honestly Smackdown was so well done. The opening tribute and LA Knights tribute were superb. And Cody paying tribute to Terry Funk was excellent also. Must have been a really difficult show to produce.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here