Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] RIP Bernie Marsden

Jul 7, 2003
Just seen this. Great old school rock and blues guitarist. Seems to have been one of those genuinely nice guys.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
RIP

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
Blimey that's such incredibly sad timing. Whilst I love my rock I was never a huge Whitesnake fan. However, I'm into my guitars and had read lots of articles recently about the possible sale of the some of the classic guitars he owned. ' The Beast ' is a legendary 59 Les Paul that's almost up there with ' Greenie ' now owned and regularly played by Metallica's Kirk Hammett.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Sad news. I was a big Whitesnake fan and Live...In The Heart Of The City has to be one of the best live albums of all time.

allystrat

Dec 19, 2011
Blimey that's such incredibly sad timing. Whilst I love my rock I was never a huge Whitesnake fan. However, I'm into my guitars and had read lots of articles recently about the possible sale of the some of the classic guitars he owned. ' The Beast ' is a legendary 59 Les Paul that's almost up there with ' Greenie ' now owned and regularly played by Metallica's Kirk Hammett.
Bernie appeared on quite a few Andertons YouTube videos too, seem to recall one not that long ago. Came across as a very unassuming man.

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
Bernie appeared on quite a few Andertons YouTube videos too, seem to recall one not that long ago. Came across as a very unassuming man.
Indeed, they did quite a few ' The Captain Meets ' features such was the interest.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here