Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] RIP Adrian Street

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Famous people seem to be dropping like flies today. Who next, I wonder?

1690833303517.png

FIVESTEPS

Nov 3, 2014
Loathed the wrestling couldn't understand what my father saw in men in budgie smugglers faking a fight.No he wasn't in the closet😂

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
I do apologise @Lenny Rider, I've always had problems mixing up various overweight northerners in speedos, it's been a problem throughout my life :wink:
Most of them are northern because Wigan and Blackpool were the homes of catch wrestling. As for the speedos, it’s because fat straggly haired men look sexy in them. Obviously.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Statement from WWE
WWE is saddened to learn that Adrian Street has passed away.

Born the son of a coal miner in Wales, Street enjoyed a nearly 60-year career that spanned the globe, as his flamboyant style entertained audiences and reimagined what was possible in sports-entertainment.

After competing as Kid Tarzan, “Exotic” Adrian Street was introduced to the world in bold fashion, as Street would make his way to the ring adorned in pastels and glitter with his glam-rock entrance music providing the perfect soundtrack.

Accompanied by his long-time manager and future wife, Miss Linda, Street worked throughout the UK, Germany, Mexico and Canada before finally settling in the Continental Championship Wrestling promotion in Birmingham, Alabama.

Street estimated that he competed in somewhere between 12,000 and 15,000 matches, but his influence stretched well-beyond in-ring competition. Street is credited with designing the gear worn by Mick Foley’s “Dude Love” during his rivalry with “Stone Cold” Steve Austin.

Street also starred alongside Ron Perlman in the 1981 film “Quest for Fire” and performed in the band “The Pile Drivers.”

WWE extends its condolences to Street’s family, friends, and fans.

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
I was a wrestling fan, but have absolutely no recollection of Adrian Street. None at all. Jackie Pallo, Kendo Nagasaki, Big Daddy, Mick McManus et al sure, but Adrian Street, not a sausage.

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
I was a wrestling fan, but have absolutely no recollection of Adrian Street. None at all. Jackie Pallo, Kendo Nagasaki, Big Daddy, Mick McManus et al sure, but Adrian Street, not a sausage.
I think he moved across to the States early 1970's, hence the glowing tribute from the WWE.

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
I think he moved across to the States early 1970's, hence the glowing tribute from the WWE.
Was also a huge inspiration for many famous American wrestlers, like “Adorable” Adrian Adonis, “Golddust” and many others

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
Watford old love you are slacking.

Adrian Street was one half of the ‘Hells Angels‘ with Bad Boy Bobby Barnes.
This! There's another thread on here today about the old ITV wrestling and I couldn't remember their names. Spangled trunks and even now with my young son when we have a tussle I do the ridiculous ' kissing the biceps ' victory celebration :)

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
The Daily Death Times.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Was also a huge inspiration for many famous American wrestlers, like “Adorable” Adrian Adonis, “Golddust” and many others
There is a great article about Adrian Street on the BBC website which was written in 2016.

You can see the clear inspiration for the Golddust look in a couple of photos. Ric Flair is another famous wrestler who drew inspiration from the Exotic Adrian Street character.

Adrian kept his hand in pro-wrestling after his retirement by making ring gear for a lot of wrestlers on both sides of the Atlantic.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here