Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Right flank

macbeth

Dismembered
Jan 3, 2018
six feet beneath the moon...
now I'm absolutely not saying solly march isn't good enough, far from it, and I don't want this thread to even go down that avenue.

BUT, I still maintain that we need another option on the right. seemed Solly was constantly doubled up on, all day, and got very little change out of the defence, and only found a bit of space later on once villa were all packed in their box. when lamptey came onto the left, immediately there was more energy and explosiveness. solly does very well on the right, but that type of energy really isn't his game and we needed some explosiveness on the right too, as it would've helped stretch the villa back line a bit more imo.

just feel like right wing is one of the few areas where we don't really have that 'extra option'. thoughts?

Last edited:

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Today was the worst performance of a really good season for Solly.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Think putting Gross RB was a mistake too, left Dunk exposed at times and wasn’t quick enough

Jeremiah

God is great
Mar 15, 2020
Hove
To be fair Cash played March brilliantly - hard tackling and allowing him no time to dwell on the ball.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Also Solly gets practically zero service from Veltman/Gross, except with his back to goal, in our own half. The marauding runs like Estupianan did with Caidedo/Tross just weren't happening imo.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here