Sep 20, 2009
Ovingdean, United Kingdom
One of the best batsman ever...

Should Sachin follow suit...

Could be many great players retiring in the next few years

Kallis, Smith, Jayawardene, Sangakkara, Sehwag, Tendukar, Chanderpaul :(

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
One of the less popular Aussie captains to visit these shores. He'll become 'loved' now that he's called it a day. Still, one of the absolute greats of the game.

Sachin will need to retire soon, I think. He won't be dropped, the Indian public wouldn't allow it.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
Shame for Ponting - he was a brilliant batsman but has lost it in the last year or so. Sachin will go soon I think.

Graeme Smith is still only 31 - the git will still be going in 5 years time, sadly.

Seagull over NZ

Jul 7, 2003
Bristol
Interestingly Langer ha come out and said he hated it when the English crowds booed him. In some ways that booing is a backhanded compliment, maybe shouldn't happen but the likes of Warne embraced it as banter and dealt with it. Maybe his reaction to the run out in 2005 is partly to blame for the booing. Which leads us into showing the Youtube video just one more time. Happy days....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9nofkoClevE&feature=youtu.be&noredirect=1

albion534

Mar 4, 2010
Brighton, United Kingdom
Interestingly Langer ha come out and said he hated it when the English crowds booed him. In some ways that booing is a backhanded compliment, maybe shouldn't happen but the likes of Warne embraced it as banter and dealt with it. Maybe his reaction to the run out in 2005 is partly to blame for the booing. Which leads us into showing the Youtube video just one more time. Happy days....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9nofkoClevE&feature=youtu.be&noredirect=1

Haha remember watching it at the time thinking.....bout time someone did it to you!

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Great batsman; bad sportsman.

I don't think that's true at all. I think he's a pretty gracious sportsman (apart from that time when he lost it with the run-out). He's quick to praise the opposition and has always struck me as someone who played hard but fair.

I've never worked out why there's so much animosity towards him. He's a genuinely great player, seems like a nice and is a good loser (mind you, he's had plenty of practice at that)

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
I don't think that's true at all. I think he's a pretty gracious sportsman (apart from that time when he lost it with the run-out). He's quick to praise the opposition and has always struck me as someone who played hard but fair.

I've never worked out why there's so much animosity towards him. He's a genuinely great player, seems like a nice and is a good loser (mind you, he's had plenty of practice at that)

He appeal for an awful of catches against England that definately weren't and i'm sure he pointed to his bat a few times to try and con the umpire into believing he'd edged something.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here