Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Relegation calculator

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
I do apologise I am in an extremely pessimistic mood at the moment....

It will pass, I am thinking of going for a long walk on Saturday afternoon and for the first time this lockdown not even watch the match...
I just fear the worst now, things are never simple supporting this bloody team.

i just don't get this. Not a pop at you. I love the Albion but a win doesn't send me to orgasm and a loss, even the 0-5 against the Palace, doesn't send me to a bridge. Football is a game and a ride and I just love the drama of it, even when it's a last minute goal against (costing me a bet last night too). What other sports are this dramatic? I would never not watch us. Enjoy the ride!

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
I got us to 42 points, but really do believe we will be ok.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
i just don't get this. Not a pop at you. I love the Albion but a win doesn't send me to orgasm and a loss, even the 0-5 against the Palace, doesn't send me to a bridge. Football is a game and a ride and I just love the drama of it, even when it's a last minute goal against (costing me a bet last night too). What other sports are this dramatic? I would never not watch us. Enjoy the ride!

I think it was the manner of the defeat, it was the sucker punch that we did not deserve.
I am bored of it, I am bored of lockdown, I am bored of shit politicians, I am bored of unfairness in life, I am bored of good people I know being taken or given a short time left to walk this god forsaken planet.

It is just a repeat of life at the moment, one set back after another, and just like life the albion flatter to deceive.

Iast nights result just summed up life for me last night, not fair.

I will get over it, luckily I can and will....

just....

you know.

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
Champions League here we come..:goal: Potter IN..:rave:

Screenshot 2021-02-23 154559.png

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
I think it was the manner of the defeat, it was the sucker punch that we did not deserve.
I am bored of it, I am bored of lockdown, I am bored of shit politicians, I am bored of unfairness in life, I am bored of good people I know being taken or given a short time left to walk this god forsaken planet.

It is just a repeat of life at the moment, one set back after another, and just like life the albion flatter to deceive.

Iast nights result just summed up life for me last night, not fair.

I will get over it, luckily I can and will....

just....

you know.

Sorry to hear this. Hope your world improves soon. Do understand to a degree except that i don't feel football reflects life. I find it an escape and the drama, even when it goes against us, makes the game what it is. warm regards to you.

Dorset Seagull

Once Dolphin, Now Seagull
Pos Team P GD Pts
1 Man City 38 +56 98
2 Man Utd 38 +31 78
3 Leicester 38 +27 77
4 Liverpool 38 +25 69
5 Everton 38 +11 68
6 Chelsea 38 +21 67
7 Aston Villa 38 +18 66
8 Arsenal 38 +13 62
9 West Ham 38 +9 60
10 Tottenham 38 +12 58
11 Leeds 38 +1 54
12 Wolverhampton 38 -7 49
13 Southampton 38 -9 47
14 Brighton 38 -6 36
15 Crystal Palace 38 -14 35
16 Burnley 38 -12 33
17 Fulham 38 -11 31
18 Newcastle 38 -17 30
19 West Brom 38 -36 20
20 Sheffield Utd 38 -26 15

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I can no more predict Albion results than tell you this Saturday’s winning lottery numbers, for that reason I won’t be doing the predictor

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
I just hope we're safe with 3 to play - unlikely to get anything out of Wet Sham, Citeh or Ar$e.
Important to get points from West Bum, Barcodes, Blades and Stains - a win would be nice.

It's the hope that kills, but BHA never do things the easy way ....
UTA

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
I just hope we're safe with 3 to play - unlikely to get anything out of Wet Sham, Citeh or Ar$e.
Important to get points from West Bum, Barcodes, Blades and Stains - a win would be nice.

UTA

We usually do, to be fair. Last time we went into a last-day scenario on a relegation knife edge was 2009, I think. Safety has been mathematically assured prior to the last day of the last 3 seasons. And we can definitely get points from West Ham and Arse anyway!

I've not gone into game by game detail, but we've accumulated 16 points from our last 13 games so I reckon we'll be consistent with that over the remaining 13 games and finish on 42. Coincidentally the first game of our previous 13 game run was Sanchez took over in goal, so I think it's a reasonable yardstick.

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
I can no more predict Albion results than tell you this Saturday’s winning lottery numbers, for that reason I won’t be doing the predictor

Chin up mate, I did it and we are in 4th place, Champions League football for us. :smile:

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
I still think we can find a couple of wins from somewhere before the seasons up, and reckon 32 may just be enough this year. 2004/05 was the previous lowest for survival for West Brom (with 34) but I've got a feeling this may well be beaten (although technically for the wrong reasons).

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011

UTA

Highly likely that two of those teams will have nothing to play for.
We'll get something from those games

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden

UTA

City should be winners by then and hopefully they've lost their streak, so that they play a bunch of kids and reserves. Could get something out of that one then. Also wouldnt rule out wins vs Arsenal/West Ham. Would be nice to be theoretically safe before those games (mathematically is kind of unlikely) but wouldnt rule out points against any of them.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here