Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Referee dropped

Arthritic Toe

Nov 25, 2005
Swindon
I thought he was awful, but in the end his errors more or less cancelled each other out. The Kane penalty wasn't a penalty it was manufactured by Kane and should have been a free kick to us. On the other hand, I can't see how anyone could possibly look at that tackle by Solly and not see a foul. He should have also booked both Kane and Son for diving - they don't seem to give yellows for that anymore.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Not sure of the exact rule. The question seemed to be whether he had let go at the point of delivery. Didn't look conclusive enough. I was frustrated but not annoyed by it. It would have been soft.

But this is the point. There are always margins for error. I suspect if all three had gone our way it wouldn't warrant as much debate.

Even VAR cannot be perfect.

Don't listen to the commentator. There is no rule relating to letting go at the point of delivery. He was held back, simple as. It was a great ball into the box and the defender stopped Trossard illegally.

He was the first referee to tell var to sod off and stick by his original decision. And in OUR favour, can you believe it? I thought he was rather good. Can’t help that Kane’s a cynical, cheating ****.

i see on the bbc comments even some spurs fans think we were hard done by on the kane one

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
That was as much a penalty as Kanes was

Had it been Kane in Trossard’s position it would have been given. These so-called big 6 team strikers have an aura around them for refs.

The Kane penalty wasn’t a penalty and March’s tackle was a foul. The ref got key decisions wrong ( as did Moss in the VAR studio). Our officials need to get better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

question on Bale's goal. In the build up he was clearly offside when the ball was played through but was then picked up by an onside player who crossed to to Bale to head in. Why isnt that offside? By being offside he was further up the pitch so was in prime position to receive the ball on his head.

Dont get that one?

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Leaving aside any arguments about whether the decision was right or wrong, one thing that really delighted me was seeing a ref pulled up by VAR, told to go and look and the monitor, and then turn round and say, 'No - fvck it, I'm not changing my decision!"

Right or wrong, the on-field ref should always have the last word.

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
question on Bale's goal. In the build up he was clearly offside when the ball was played through but was then picked up by an onside player who crossed to to Bale to head in. Why isnt that offside? By being offside he was further up the pitch so was in prime position to receive the ball on his head.

Dont get that one?

He's not interfering in that passage of play. There is a big gap between that point and when he heads it. When he does interfere he is maybe 5 yards onside... The rule is pretty clear and was introduced years ago.

There was plenty of terrible officiating to unpick last night, it's a big stretch to include Spurs' winner in that...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here