Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Rees Mogg / Andrew Bridgen Grenfell

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
This anti RM thread is pure political bias .
Yes, he dresses a little strange, but we should be used to him by now.
Yes, he said unwise comments about the Grenfell tragedy... he apologised. That's it , let's move on.

I don't care how politicians dress, JRM could wear a chicken suit or dress like John McCririck, what I do care about is that politicians, of whatever party colour have some understanding of what the common man goes through on a daily basis, some empathy for those less fortunate and the ability to think before you speak.

Finally I would like my politicians to say sorry, properly, when they **** up, which we all do occasionally.

JRM unfortunately, like a lot of modern politicians (of all parties) lacks those basic abilities.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patreon
Jan 3, 2012
Amazed this thread got beyond this post to be honest. Said what all sensible minded folk are thinking. But sadly the left leaning BBC just can't resist making a drama out of it.

Oh, of course it is all the BBC's fault! This is the left-leaning Remain biased BBC which at the moment is being accused in various quarters of seeking out vox-pop Brexiteer interviews wherever it visits.

And I would like to know what your definition of "sensible-minded people" is.

Jacob Rees-Mogg is well known for his superiority complex, making comments in the past about things like grammar school boys being like "potted plants", which having been a grammar school boy I took exception to. He always seems to be anxious to show off his superior knowledge and learning when being tiresomely pedantic about obscure Greek or Roman writings in the House of Commons, when normal-minded people might think that there are more important things to be using the time of that august institution on.

I actually share an Alma Mater with J R-M - the same Oxford College - but I was there a few years before him. The daughter of a friend of ours, though, was there at the same time as him, and reports that he was just as strange then as he is now, wearing the same style of suits, ties and shirts all the time and arrogantly standing out like a sore thumb from his contemporaries.

For somebody who is allegedly that intelligent, it was an extremely stupid thing to say and dismissive of so many people. Yes, fair enough, he has apologised, but that does not change the sheer crassness of what he said in the first place.

Bish Bosh

Aug 10, 2005
Wish it was in the EU
Oh, of course it is all the BBC's fault! This is the left-leaning Remain biased BBC which at the moment is being accused in various quarters of seeking out vox-pop Brexiteer interviews wherever it visits.

And I would like to know what your definition of "sensible-minded people" is.

Jacob Rees-Mogg is well known for his superiority complex, making comments in the past about things like grammar school boys being like "potted plants", which having been a grammar school boy I took exception to. He always seems to be anxious to show off his superior knowledge and learning when being tiresomely pedantic about obscure Greek or Roman writings in the House of Commons, when normal-minded people might think that there are more important things to be using the time of that august institution on.

I actually share an Alma Mater with J R-M - the same Oxford College - but I was there a few years before him. The daughter of a friend of ours, though, was there at the same time as him, and reports that he was just as strange then as he is now, wearing the same style of suits, ties and shirts all the time and arrogantly standing out like a sore thumb from his contemporaries.

For somebody who is allegedly that intelligent, it was an extremely stupid thing to say and dismissive of so many people. Yes, fair enough, he has apologised, but that does not change the sheer crassness of what he said in the first place.

Your post is excellent. Particularly liked 'allegedly' intelligent

With past girlfriend from Northern Ireland, I've always taken an interest in NI. Whenever Rees-Mogg spoke about the Irish border it was always with great self-confidence but it was evident to me that his contributions were ignorant blather. He's not that bright - look back at what he promised about the virtual North/South border and see what Johnson did in reality

So many politicians are way out of their depth now. Watch Andrew Neil take them apart on a regular basis, as he did with Zahawi and Andy McDonald yesterday.

Of course Rees-Mogg's supreme arrogance means he can never stay out of the limelight for long. Be ready for more crass comments.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patreon
Jan 3, 2012
Your post is excellent. Particularly liked 'allegedly' intelligent

With past girlfriend from Northern Ireland, I've always taken an interest in NI. Whenever Rees-Mogg spoke about the Irish border it was always with great self-confidence but it was evident to me that his contributions were ignorant blather. He's not that bright - look back at what he promised about the virtual North/South border and see what Johnson did in reality

So many politicians are way out of their depth now. Watch Andrew Neil take them apart on a regular basis, as he did with Zahawi and Andy McDonald yesterday.

Of course Rees-Mogg's supreme arrogance means he can never stay out of the limelight for long. Be ready for more crass comments.

Absolutely! I am totally aware of the breed of people where, even if you don’t have the first idea what you are talking about, if you say it confidently enough, people will buy it.

The Irish border question really annoyed me in how many people were prepared to dismiss it as an issue when clearly in Ireland itself many were truly fearful of the possible consequences.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here