Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Red/black Skint shirt in shop...

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
FAVOURITE. KIT. EVER.

Loved it - we hardly played in it, if memory serves me right, but was a classic

Just one competitive game, away at Swansea in August 1994, a 1-1 draw. Was also worn in a pre season friendly match.

Jul 7, 2003
My son was eying those up the other day in the shop. I made the mistake of saying I still had my original version in the wardrobe.

Guess what he was wearing the next day.....

My son has my Blue and Black striped shirt as well as several others from back in the day which he has on permanent loan.

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
Never liked that one - made us look too much like Bournemouth.

If only they would bring back either the classic 'pink' kit (red and white swirly checks) or the Chewit wrapper - then they would get some sales.

I would be first in the queue three months before it (chewits wrapper) went on sale. That was an insanely brilliant shirt. Loved it.

Last edited:

Jaxie

Dec 2, 2018
Far East (Sussex)
View attachment 145954

Get rid of sandtex and that is orgasmic!

I have one of these, match worn and signed by Ian Chapman. The #3 on the back is slightly faded and the signature is all but gone. It’s a great shirt though.

It was given to me by a former youth team player that was labouring with me 16/17 years ago. He was wearing it to work. I asked him what the hell he was doing wearing it to work when it should be framed! He took it off there and then and gave it to me.

Incidentally loved the black and red away shirt, I agree it’s probably the best combination of kits we’ve had in my time watching Brighton. Both the original skint home shirt and then the centenary one.

HHGull

BZ fan club
Dec 29, 2011

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here