Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Record season ticket renewals (again)

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
no. It doesn't work like that.

Just wondering how people share tickets now (I know @amexer often asks about this) and how it works for people. My sense FWIW is that there are of course far more A+ members now, that the club sharing scheme is now pretty normal given we're 5 years in and given that people pay by DD then there are more members in people's friends and family circle who are members year in year out (cos they automatically renew)..

But of course there will be some hold outs (don't want to pay and frustrated that its not free to share, A+ membership is too expensive, . and maybe think its too complicated, or seek alternative - non sanctioned - ways to pass on tickets. )
So being a tight arsed Yorkshireman pensioner, I have to pay the Albion some more money for a friend to become members and then I can transfer the ticket so they can use it?

shouldn’t that be they pay for their membership and then I transfer the ticket to them so they could use at AT NO COST TO ME ?

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
So being a tight arsed Yorkshireman pensioner, I have to pay the Albion some more money for a friend to become members and then I can transfer the ticket so they can use it?

shouldn’t that be they pay for their membership and then I transfer the ticket to them so they could use at AT NO COST TO ME ?
If you're a pensioner and they are not a pensioner. - then you don't have to worry about them being a A+ member - you just pay to upgrade your ticket.

but yes. if u65 - u65 share - then someone has to pay for them to be a member - either thats you or them. if its them then its "AT NO COST TO YOU".

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018

They pays a membership

Assuming they become an A+ Member and added to your friends and family list you can either;

Share once for free

Pay a fee to share match by match

pay £20 to share for the season

* your friend could contribute towards this if needed

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
If you're a pensioner and they are not a pensioner. - then you don't have to worry about them being a A+ member - you just pay to upgrade your ticket.

but yes. if u65 - u65 share - then someone has to pay for them to be a member - either thats you or them. if its them then its "AT NO COST TO YOU".

In this case, assuming I am a pensioner ( I will be next season), does this mean I pay to upgrade every time I share?

If I make my ticket shareable for a £20 cost to me, can I then share it to anyone at no match by match cost?

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
In this case, assuming I am a pensioner ( I will be next season), does this mean I pay to upgrade every time I share?

If I make my ticket shareable for a £20 cost to me, can I then share it to anyone at no match by match cost?
Pay the £20 and you can share to any Albion+ member you add to your friends and family list.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012

Depends if you share to an 21-65 adult or if you share to an 65+ pensioner. If the former, you will have to pay to upgrade and then you can share with anyone. If the latrter you have to use the sharing scheme. For that - its cheaper than £20 if you just share a couple of times a season, or free if just once . Or if you share a fair few times then its £20 . Whatever you do - you have to share with an A+ member.

(i think that's right !!)

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003

Depends if you share to an 21-65 adult or if you share to an 65+ pensioner. If the former, you will have to pay to upgrade and then you can share with anyone. If the latrter you have to use the sharing scheme. For that - its cheaper than £20 if you just share a couple of times a season, or free if just once . Or if you share a fair few times then its £20 . Whatever you do - you have to share with an A+ member.

(i think that's right !!)

OMG! Which is it??

It's no wonder I've never shared my ticket, it's even confusing chailey!!

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
OMG! Which is it??

It's no wonder I've never shared my ticket, it's even confusing chailey!!
Reading the season ticket T&Cs

For season ticket upgrades there is no mention of having to share this with Albion + members. These tickets can be shared with anyone (obviously the season ticket holder is ultimately responsible for that persons behaviour etc). The cost of doing this is the cost of the match ticket for the person going, minus the pro-rata value of the ticket rounded up to the nearest pound (plus an admin fee).

The season ticket sharing system can only be used to share tickets with people in the same price band or cheaper, subject to them being an Albion+ member and the season ticket holder either paying the £20 season sharing fee, or paying a fee on an individual basis for each share based on the category of the match.

For a riveting read the full terms and conditions are here (section 13 is the appropriate bit about ticket sharing and upgrades).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here